Chapter 43

Kimberly's pov____________________

Two months went by and Diana, Chase, and I were roaming around Nashville feeding on people. My humanity never turned off, but it was a nice way to relax and grieve the death of our friend. 

I was enjoying my time away from the drama in Mystic Falls—still no word from Elijah. 

My phone went off for the millionth time, I have been ignoring it, but this time I answered it.

"Damon, what the hell do you want?" 

"Katherine killed Jeremy by feeding him to Silas, and Elena turned off her humanity, and also we are looking for the cure for vampirism, and yes, there is such a thing, and Katherine stole it" 

I froze in shock. "Whoa..." That was all I could say.

"Come to New York, please. Help me find the cure so we can give it to Elena, it will bring her humanity back, and she can go back to being human" 

"Seriously?" 

"I'm asking nicely" 

"Ok... I'll be there tomorrow" 

I packed up my things and left a note for Diana and Chase, compelled a car, and drove off. 

The next day I arrived, very late outside a bar Damon said they were at. I walked in and spotted them at a table. 

"Damon, Elena" I then noticed her hair. She had a pink strip. 

"Kim?" Elena didn't even look surprised to see me. "You always come back, don't you? I thought you were gone for good" 

"I always come back"

"How was your time away?" Damon asked.

"It was fine" 

"This place will be crawling with more nihilists, than you can eat in a decade. Trust me"

"How do you know?" Elena asked him.

"Because I spent most of the '70s here. The factory was too clean. CBGBs was too high profile. But Billy's... Billy's was the underground of the underground. One time I ran into Lexi" 

"Oh, what did she do to you?" I asked. 

"You got Lexi'd?" Elena asked.

Then Damon's face was smashed on the table. Holding him down was Rebekah. 

"Following a lead without me?" She asked him.

"Unh" 

"Poor form, Damon" Rebekah looked up at Elena and me and smiled at us. "Hi Kimberly" 

"Hey, Rebekah" I smiled at her. 

Rebekah turned her attention back onto Damon. "I have to say I'm a little hurt, Damon" She let him go. "I thought we made a good team. Not without its fireworks. What classic pairing isn't?"

"Wait, what the hell are you talking about?" Elena asked confused. 

"Damon's following a lead to the cure, I'm following him" Rebekah explained. "Noticed your name never came up"

Elena looking at Damon. "You're doing what?" She then looked at me. "Is that why you're here as well?" 

"I came for a drink" I lied. 

"How's it feel to be wrong all the time?" Damon asked Rebekah. "I brought Elena here to feed. I mean, Mystic Falls isn't exactly Vamp Xanadu right now"

"Right, so you drove seven hours to New York City?" Rebekah asked.