Chapter 51

Kimberly's pov__________________________

The next morning, I woke up and Elijah wasn't in our bed. I got changed and went downstairs. I found the Mikaelson siblings together in one room. I enter to see Elijah and Klaus reading, with a dead girl on the table. 

Bekah looked between the two. "So this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family-- Vampire book club?" 

"Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right, Elijah?" Nik asked.

"Yes. That's quite right, Niklaus" 

"And what's this business? You're just gonna leave her to drip out on the carpet?" I asked pointing to the dead girl.

"This is a peace offering" Elijah waved his hand.

"I presumed, after so much time desiccating in a coffin, that my big brother might be a bit peckish" Nik said.

"So I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought. I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth, not this nonsense" Elijah said indicating the dead girl.

"You're gonna be waiting a long time then" I said and smirked at Nik when he playfully glared at me.

"I couldn't very well let her go to waste, could I?" Nik smirked.

"Well, I suppose I'll fetch the rubbish bin because you're standing on a 200-year-old carpet" Bekah said and left the room. 

"Oh, yes" Elijah said with not a care in the world. 

"Elijah" I called for him and he looked up at me. "Help me in the kitchen" 

Elijah stood up and we went to the kitchen. Hayley was also there looking in the cuberts. 

"Morning, Hayley" I said.

"Hey" She smiled at me. 

Bekah walked in through the backyard

Bekah walked in through the backyard. "Listen. I know I'm the only one in this house that actually drinks milk, but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?" Hayley asked.

"Speaking of, add bleach" Bekah waved a cloth in her hand and she was into the living room. 

"You know, I do hope my siblings were hospitable toward you in my absence" Elijah said.

"In your absence-- As you like to call it, which is a way-too-polite way of saying that your brother put a dagger in your heart-- I have been attacked by French Quarter vampires. I've had to live in a house with a secret dungeon full of coffins, and I was nearly murdered by witches who are convinced that my baby is Lucifer" Hayley said as Elijah and I fixed her cereal and orange juice. "They've been fine. Kimberly has been the best help and your siblings are weirdly protective. I know I have you to thank for that"

"I'm just happy to see that you're in one piece. So back to the murderous witches, I have some concerns" Elijah said.

"They're evil, and my life is still magically linked to Sophie Deveraux, which is not comforting"