Chapter 25

Kimberly's pov__________________

It was now morning and we'd been walking through the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.

"Are you ok? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asked Stefan. 

"I'm fine"

"Are you sure about that? We've been walking for quite some time now. Do you need some water or a little sit-down?"

"You know, I get that we're stuck together... but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great"

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend"

"Maybe it's because I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer"

"Well, I need a break. No one warned me to switch out my heels for sneakers" I complained as my feet were starting to hurt. 

"Don't worry, love. Thanks to our pal, Ray, we've found ourselves a pack" Klaus said as we saw lots of wolves gathered together. 

"Ugh, finally" I muttered. We walked toward them and they all turned to us. Stefan dropped Ray's body to the ground.

"Ray. Oh, my god" A woman ran to his side. "What's going on?" She turned to us. "Who are you?"

"The important question is, who am I? Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus" Klaus smirked as the woman stood up in fear.

"You're the hybrid"

"You've heard of me. Fantastic"

We all sat down as the wolves were nervous and worried.

"It's fascinating, actually. A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon. A vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid"

Ray then woke up gasping for air. 

"Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic" 

"What's happening to me?" Ray asked in shock.

"Stefan?" Nik turned to him.

"Are any of you human?" Stefan asked as he stood up. "Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die" 

"Doesn't take much" I said. "Just a sip"

"Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend along for the ride?" Klaus stood up and his eyes landed on a guy. "You" Klaus vamped speed to him, bit into his arm, then pushed him to the ground and Stefan held him down.

"No" The girl who ran to Ray's side screamed and went to help the guy, but Klaus grabbed her by the throat, holding her back.

"You don't drink it, Ray. I will" Stefan teased. "The problem is, I don't know how to stop" 

Ray quickly moved and bit into the guy's arm to drink his blood.

"It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us or you die" Klaus said to her. 

"I'd rather die than be a vampire"

"Wrong choice" Klaus showed his eyes as he bit his wrist and then shoved it into her mouth. "She'll thank me for that later" Klaus snapped her neck and let her body fall to the ground. He then licked the blood on his hands.