Chapter 62

Kimberly's pov_____________________

It was then after the movie, my phone rang. I looked at it and it was Nik. I answer the call and put it to my ear "Nik? Where the hell have you been all day?"

"I found Davina in a cabin in the woods. I fought Mikael, then lost him and now he is Cami hostage" Nik said. "Meet me in the Bayou. You know where to go" 

"Ok. I'll get Richelle home first and we'll come help you" I said and hung up the phone. 

"No" Richelle said.

"Excuse me?" I said taken back by her tone. 

"I meant, no. I want to help. I've spent months training. I'm ready to go for real"

"Come on, we'll all be there" Raph said.

I sign. "Ok... Looks like the night isn't over yet. Let's go" 

The three of us went to the Bayou. The sun was already coming up by the time we were deep enough into the Bayou. I noticed on a few trees, blood. Cami's blood. We followed the trail. We ended up at a bonfire. Multiple dead bodies surrounded Nik.

"Nik?" I said confused. "Are they locals?"

"Mikael compelled them to attack me"

Nik's phone rang and he answered it. I listened in. "I'm a tad busy. What is it, Hayley?"

"Something has happened to Elijah. He was supposed to be our decoy last night, and now he's vanished... There's blood everywhere. Werewolf and vampire. There is a trail. I need you to help us track it"

"Well, as much as I might like to help you find my brother, I have more pressing matters at the moment" 

"Nik" I said when I saw one of them stand up. Nik kicked him in the face and he fell back to the ground.

"What's more important than your own brother?" Hayley asked.

"My life. Davina had Mikael on a magical leash, and it broke. Now Mikeal has Tunde's blade, the white oak stake, and Cami. I'm going to get her back. And then I'm going to end this. Either Mikeal or I will be ash by night's end. And if you do find my brother, please tell him I could do with more hands" Nik hung up. "Let's go" 

Nik led us to an abandoned barn in the middle of the woods. It was further out in the Bayou. 

Nik broke off a shovel and grabbed half to use on Mikael. We enter to see Mikael holding Cami with the knife at her throat. 

"You're gonna pay for hurting her" Nik said. Mikael let go of Cami and her body dropped to the ground.

"Oh, that's sweet. The cur whines for its bitch. I'll make sure to drain the rest of her right in front of your eyes. Just before you burn" Mikael threatened. 

Nik and Raph attacked at once. Mikael quickly disarmed Raph with his weapons and snapped his neck.

"He's too strong" Richelle whispered to me. 

"I know. But we still have to try" I said and took out my sword. Mikael pinned Nik to the wall. The white oak dagger got close to his heart. 

I grabbed Mikael by his shirt and threw him off Nik. Nik punched Mikael in the face and then charged at him, throwing themselves into a wall.

Nik threw him and Mikael went flying to the ground. Nik stood above him and Mikael tried to stab him. Nik grabbed his arm and twisted it to his body.

"I'm not as weak as you remember, am I?" Nik asked.

Nik managed to grab the white oak dagger. But I noticed the Tude's blade. "Nik! I yelled but Mikael was quicker to throw toward Cami. Before it could hit her, Nik vamped in time and grabbed it.