Chapter 94

Kimberly's pov___________________

The next day, Freya, Hope, Nik, Richelle, Nat, and I sat in the dining room. "The cure that plagued our family for seven years has taken its toll on all of us. On our city. On our home. On our family. The consequences of us being together were grave, but today, thanks to you, we celebrate a new beginning. One in which we have the freedom to stand side by side. And whatever trials may come, we will face them together, as a family. Always for forever" Nik held up his glass and everyone followed.

"Would you please pass the beignets?" Hope asked Freya. 

"Of course" Freya handed Hope the beignets that got passed around to Nat and Richelle.

"So, Rebekah will be back in a few days. She's just tying up some loose ends overseas" Nik said.

"It'll be nice to have her here" Nat said. 

"It'll be good to have all of us under one roof again" Freya said. 

Elijah then walked into the room in his normal suit and tie. Everyone turned to look at him. 

"Good morning" Elijah said not taking his eyes off Hope and Nat

"Good morning" Elijah said not taking his eyes off Hope and Nat. "Obviously, there is a lot for us to discuss... Hope, let me begin by telling you how truly sorry--"

"Thanks for breakfast, guys, but I have homework to catch up on" Hope said as she stood up.

"Me too" Nat said and they both left the room. 

Nik and I eyed the fork Hope bent. "That's not normal" Nik said.

"She's not normal" Elijah said. "She lost her mother, Niklaus... I shouldn't have come down here"

"At least you can claim amnesia, unlike our sister, who willingly aided a child in ruining her life" Nik said.

"Hope is not a child" Freya said.

"Did you even consider what absorbing all that magic could do to her?" Nik asked.

"And what choice did I have?" Freya asked.

"Deny her" Nik said. "Defy her. We had a plan to keep the dark magic away from her" 

"A plan that wasn't working" Freya mentioned. 

"Yes, well, thanks to you, the magic has her now. So, if my daughter should be harmed in any way, shape, or form, I will hold you personally responsible" Nik then stood up and left the room. 

"He's got a point, Hope is still a child" I said and got up and left the room. I went to Natasha and she was on her computer. "Hey, I'm sorry things for messy in there" 

"Don't worry about it, I see Dad's back to normal, does that mean he made his choice?" Nat asked. 

"Let's take our mind off your Dad, want to go train?" I asked.

"Yes" Nat said and we left for the gym. 

We spent two hours going combat. She was getting better at it each time we practiced.