Chapter 14

Kimberly's pov______________________

That night Elijah asked me to come to this dinner party that Damon was hosting. I knew he was up to something. 

Jenna and another woman were setting the dinner table, and I helped them by setting plates for each person. 

"So, what's going on with you and Alaric?" Damon's hook-up asked Jenna. "I feel like there is some tension"

"I don't know. I really like him... It's more than that, and I want it to work... but I can't help but feel like he's hiding something and I've got John whispering things in my ear about him"

"Like what?"

"Things I don't want to believe and not if they're coming from John"

"He's probably trying to ruin your relationship with him" I said.

"Trust is the key to any relationship. I mean, I'm so grateful that Damon tells me everything, heh"

The door then rang and Jenna answered it. 

"Who invited him?" Jenna looks angry. I noticed it was John at the door.

"John. What a surprise. Leave" Damon said to him.

"Jenna told me she was coming to a party for Elijah I decided I couldn't miss out on the fun games" John said as Jenna walked away from them.

"There are no games tonight, John. It's just a friendly dinner party" Alaric said.

I walked over to the three guys.

"What are you three planning?" I asked glaring at them.

"Why do you care?" John asked me.

"She's Elijah's girlfriend" Damon said to him, then turned to me. "No trickery here, Kimmy" Damon puts both hands on my shoulders and leads me to the dining room.

"Seriously, Damon?"

"Seriously, you got nothing to worry about" Then the doorbell rang again. "I'll get that"

I then could hear the door open as everyone else gathered in the dining room.

"Elijah, come on in" 

"Can I just say that if you have less-than-honorable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed, I suggest you reconsider"

"No, nothing dishonorable. Just, uh, getting to know you"

"Hmm, that's good"

"Yeah"

"Because, you know, although Elena and I have this deal... if you so much as make a move to cross me, I'll kill you and everyone in this house. Are we clear?" 

"Crystal" 

Elijah and Damon came into the dining room. 

I walked over to him and we hugged.

"Hello, my love" 

"Hello, Elijah" 

Elijah and I sat down next to each other. 

"I hate to break it to you, but according to Elijah, your family is so not a founder of this town" Jenna said to Damon.

"Hmm, do tell" 

"Well, as I mentioned to Jenna earlier, a factor of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trials in the 1690s. They developed this community where they could feel safe from the persecution" Elijah explained.

"Hmm, because they were witches" Jenna joked.

"There's no tangible proof there were witches in Salem" Andie said.