Chapter 70

Kimberly's pov______________________

The next morning, Elijah moved out. He offered me to move with him, but I didn't want to leave the compound. Late last night I texted Diana if she heard anything from Raph, she said she hadn't and she and Chase were coming into town. They arrive tonight. 

I gathered in Nik's study with Jackson, Hayley, Richelle, and Nik.

"It's time to use our werewolf army. Finn and the woman who calls herself my sister are in this city. The wolves can help us pinpoint their location" Nik said.

"No. We need all hands on deck here with Hope" Jackson said and Nik looked taken back by his sudden authority. "Nik, you can compel humans to track your enemies"

Hayley and I glance at each other. 

"Do my ears deceive me, or did you just give me an order in my own home?"

"This ain't about your ego, Klaus. It's about what's best for that little girl" Jackson said.

"How dare you question my intentions. For my daughter!" Nik said, holding back his anger.

"Jack... Klaus is right" Hayley said. "Finn's body disappeared from the morgue, which means that either he's powerful enough to heal from that explosion, or Freya's powerful enough to save him. Either way, we're not finding them unless we send our best people out there"

"I'm sure you and all your merry men will find them posthaste" Nik said.

"Just to be clear. I'm giving this order because Hayley is asking. Don't think for one second I take orders from you" Jackson said before he left the room.

A few hours later, I was in my room re-decorating when Nik came in.

"Come with me"

Nik and I left the compound and ended up at the cemetery.

"Finn!" Nik yelled out. "I know you're here. The wolves tell me you've been quite active robbing graves and violating corpses. Sounds like you. Why don't you come out so we can finish this?"

"Hello, Niklaus, Kimberly" We both turned around and saw Vincent/Finn standing there.

"Such a pedestrian greeting. How unfortunate those are to be your last words"

"Your hubris truly knows no bounds. You attack a witch in the very place that the ancestors call home. Tsk, tsk, tsk" 

"You're a fool if you think the ancestors give a damn about you" I said.

"They may not care for me, brother, but they hate you" Vincent/Finn waved his hands in front of us and fire came toward us. Nik grabbed me and whooshed us on top of one of the tombstones. 

"You lost a step, brother. But then being blown to pieces will do that, I suppose" Nik vamped down, but Finn used his magic and pushed a part of the gate into Nik's shoulder. 

I vamped to help him, but Finn waved his hand toward me and I went flying into the gates, the pieces stabbed me in my chest. I groan as blood dripped down my arm. With my other hand, I tried to pull it out, but it was too deep.

"Finished so soon, my indestructible brother? Father was right about you. You're nothing but a pathetic disappointment" Finn yelled.

"You judge me, you who cursed Kol to death? But you didn't stop there, did you? No. As an encore, you sought the death of an innocent child" Nik ripped the gate piece from his shoulder. He vamped to me and pulled it out. 

I let out a groan. "My child" Nik threw a metal bar into Finn's side. He vamped to him and pushed it in further. "For what you would have done to Hope, I'm going to enjoy making you suffer" Nik pulled it out, as Finn was kneeling on the ground, Nik held the bar in the air, but Elijah pinned him to a tomb.