Chapter 86

Kimberly's pov______________________

"The Hollow has been haunting New Orleans for centuries. It's an unending evil. Its appetite for power is insatiable, and that's what attracted it to your little girl" Vicent said.

"You said there was a way to save her" Nik said.

"There is. But I'm gonna tell you right now, you are not gonna like my plan" Vincent said.

"Which is?" I asked for him to continue as everyone else listened in. 

"Step one: we pull the Hollow out of Hope. Step two: we find someplace else to put it. But with the book gone, I need a place that's both powerful and eternal, and in order to make the transition work, I'm gonna need something that's connected to Hope through blood" Vincent explained.

"You need a vampire" Freya said. "You want to put the Hollow into one of my siblings"

"One ain't gonna cut it... I'm gonna need four of them" Vincent said.

"Why four of us?" Elijah asked.

"Well, 1,500 years ago, when the Hollow was first killed, they divided her remains. Four bones, four volunteers, four different locations. That's how we're going to beat the Hollow now" Vincent explained.

"Transfer the Hollow's power into four immortal vampires" Freya said.

"And then just send us on our way" Bekah added, confused.

"So the evil is drawn, quartered, and separated for all time" Nik finished.

"And you have to go your separate ways, and you have to stay separate. For all time. You can never see each other again. Can never go near each other again. That is the only way that we're gonna beat the Hollow" Vincent said.

Bekah and I looked at each other, we were both sad that we would never see each other again.

"Well, if it'll save my little girl, then we will make it so" Nik said.

Freya, Bekah, Elijah, and I went up to the study, we were all sulking and giving our blood.

Elijah cut his hand, and then passed the knife to Bekah, but she shook her head. 

"Vincent needs our blood" Elijah said.

"Right. All four of us, and Kol isn't answering his bloody phone" Bekah said. "He's finally got a chance at happiness, and we're asking him to come home and play host to a quarter of a demon"

"I'm taking Kol's place" I said.

"No" Elijah said, looking at me. "You cannot take his place" 

"Elijah, if I do this, then you have to separate from me, from Natasha... we'll make it work" I said.

"No, if Kol comes through, then we can leave and be a family again" Elijah said.

"There has to be another way" Freya said in defeat.

"And what if there isn't another way?" Elijah asked her. 

"I can't believe this is happening. I'm usually the first one who wants to run off on my own, and- and now I don't have a say in the matter. I'm feeling quite perturbed" Bekah said.

"Hope is all that matters" I said. "If it was Natasha, we wouldn't think twice" 

"This is not happening" Freya stood up from where she sat. "I will not let this family be split apart. I'm going to the bell tower and I'm going to go through more of Mother's grimoires" Freya said and left the room.

"Freya" Elijah called for her, but she ignored him.

"Elijah, you know how it feels to be apart. At first, the freedom is exhilarating, and then, one day, inevitably, you wake up with that pit in your stomach, that dull, aching feeling of missing the only people who know you" Bekah said.