Chapter 89

Kimberly's pov___________________________

The next morning, Diana came through the doors with her bags and she gently set them on the ground. 

"Hey, D" I said smiling at her. 

"Hey" She and I hugged. "Where is that bastard" She asked as we pulled apart.

"The bastard's been cooking breakfast" Raph yelled from the kitchen. 

Diana went into the kitchen and I followed behind her. 

"Is there a reason you show up now?" Diana asked.

"And what's the point of cooking? Both girls went back to the school last night" I said confused.

"It's for us. The three of us" Raph said.

Then suddenly, I hear multiple footsteps and voices. I go into the main entrance with Raph and Diana close behind me, and we see lots of detectives going through research to find Hayley. 

"Guess I got to make more food" Raph said as he went back into the kitchen. 

"What's all this?" Diana asked.

"Hayley's missing and we don't know where she is, but I don't know what all these detectives are doing here" My eyes found Nik upstairs at the railings looking down at their work. 

I vamped upstairs and Diana followed me. "So this is your plan?" I asked him. 

"I'm running out of options" Nik said. "Hello, Diana, welcome back" 

"Hi, Klaus, nice to see you too" Diana said.

"Compelling NOLA's finest, I see" Marcel said from inside the study room. 

"If that's the city's finest, then it will wither from its own mediocrity" Nik said as we all went inside the room. 

"Now, what are humans gonna do that the other factions can't?" Marcel asked.

"They have the numbers. I need eyes everywhere. Whoever did this can't hide from me" Nik said and Marcel took a closer look at him. "What?"

"Clear eyes, focused demeanor. You know, for Klaus Mikaelson, I'd say you're acting pretty normal" Marcel said.

"If you've got a point, Marcel, spit it out" Nik said.

"There's chatter you're unhinged. I'm just making sure you're not poised to do something that we'll all regret" 

"Well, if the suicidal simpletons who took my daughter's mother return her unharmed, I won't have to do something we'll all regret, will I?" Nik asked calmly. 

"What happened when you went to visit Elijah in France?" Marcel asked.

"Nothing. He wasn't there" 

"Are you sure?" I asked him. 

"Positive" Nik nodded his head. 

"No? You two didn't come face-to-face? Because last I heard, Hope's picking maggots out of her cafeteria food" Marcel said.

"You seem to forget that my other siblings carry this curse" Nik reminded him. 

"So this is because Kol and Rebekah had an impromptu reunion?" Marcel asked.

"Well, she's certainly not with you, is she?" Nik asked smirking at him. 

"Nik" I scolded him. 

"This city isn't gonna stand for the kind of retribution you're threatening, and neither am I" Marcel said.

"Well, then, I suggest you take all of this as an incentive" We then saw a piece of paper floating in the air, heading downstairs. 

The four of us vamped downstairs, but Nik got to it first and opened it.