Chapter 69

Kimberly's pov______________________

The next morning, instead of calling Hayley. I called Nik. He told us to get home because it was Hayley and Jackson's wedding day. 

We arrive at the compound. Hayley, Jackson, and Nik came out from the main room.

"You brought them here? Finn could be anywhere" Hayley asked confused.

"I've taken precautions. There will be no uninvited guests at your wedding, and after, your pack will be the first line of defense to this home. No more running, Queen" Nik said.

"Besides, we thought it would be nice for you to see your daughter on your wedding day" I said.

Hayley signed happily. "So nice. Thank you" She hugged me for a moment, then went straight for her daughter. Hayley took her in her arms. Hope giggles. Jackson moved over to say hi. "Hope, this is Jackson. Jackson... This is Hope"

Jackson put out his finger to her, she grabbed onto his finger with her tiny hands and she squealed. Everyone either smiled or laughed. 

Richelle took her bags to her room to unpack. I looked up and saw Rapheal looking down at me. He looked sad, but I think he knew about Elijah and I. He made his way down the stairs, I noticed he had his bags with him. 

"Raph--"

"Save it, Kimberly. I know what I'm not wanted" 

"Where will you go?" 

"I can't keep doing this with you... I'm leaving, and I'm gonna find a witch to get the tattoos removed. I'm leaving for good"  

"Raph--" He wouldn't let me continue. He just walked out. I knew he was mad, but I wasn't going to stop him. I think I've been holding him back from finding real love. It was probably best if he left. 

I saw Elijah following Nik into his study. I followed him. Nik was pouring himself a drink.

"I thought your daughter's return would please you" Elijah said.

"I'm overjoyed, and I'll be even more so provided you do nothing to dissuade Hayley from going through with this wedding" Nik said.

"Is there something you wish to discuss, Niklaus?" Elijah asked.

"Everybody knows you're in love with her, but Hayley has a duty to this family, and so do you" 

"I was in love with Hayley... I'm working things out with Kimberly... I was under the impression this was Hayley's choice. Tell me you did nothing to bully this decision" Elijah said.

"We're mobilizing any army. She will do what is asked of her, and you will do nothing to prevent that"

"Unless of course, I learn that she was pressured into sacrificing her freedom in the name of some political alliance"

"Hayley is putting family first. I suggest you do the same"

"Family is always first"

"Well, then we won't have a problem, will we?" Nik asked then walked away.

A few hours later, it was almost time for the ceremony. I walked into Hayley's room and saw her standing in front of her mirror in her dress.

"Wow. Hayley, you look amazing" I said.

"Thank you"

"Are you nervous?" I asked.

"I was. Not anymore" 

Hope then made a sound. We both turn to her. "Hi. I still can't believe that you're here" Hayley kneeled down to Hope.