Chapter 12

Kimberly's pov__________________

The next morning, I got up and got dressed, and went downstairs. I felt my phone buzz and it was a text from Elena. 

"Come to my house, please" 

I put my phone in my pocket and vamped speed to her house and knock on the door, and not a minute later she opened it. 

"You summoned me?" I asked.

"John is here" Elena said and I walk into her house and we walked to her kitchen.

"Who's John?" I asked confused.

"My uncle"

"Morning" John said once we saw us. 

"What are you doing here?" Elena asked him

"Coffee?"

"We're not doing that. We did that last night. No more avoiding the question. Why are you here?"

"I'm here to protect you, Elena. That's all I can say for the moment"

"What do you mean "That's all you can say?"

"I'll tell you more when I can trust you"

I scoff.

"Oh god. I'm late" Jenna came in not seeing John.

"That's what you get for hitting snooze three times" Alaric said, walking into the kitchen with her and she finally saw him and froze.

"What the hell?"

"Good morning to you, Jenna, Alaric" 

"It's ok I'm confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever"

"Well, I got in late last night, Elena let me in"

"You know, I'm, uh, probably just gonna take off" Alaric looks at Elena, then me, then leaves. 

"I'm still confused here" Jenna said.

"I decided to come back and stay for a while" 

"Not here you're not" Jenna argues. 

"Actually, you can't stop me from living here"

"Actually, I can. As the legal guardian"

"Yeah, about that... Um, you want to explain the situation or would you like me to do the honors?" John asked Elena.

"What's going on?" Jenna asked confused. 

"I'm sorry Jenna, I should have told you earlier but..."

"I'm Elena's biological father. There. Now you know" John said then walks out.

Jenna scoffs in shock. "What?"

"Uh, yeah. I'm gonna go" I said then walked out of the house. I vamped speed back home and saw Damon and Stefan talking.