Chapter 96

Kimberly's pov__________________

A few days went by and everyone was feeling down. Marcel was grieving Josh. Freya announced she and Keelin are getting married. Freya asked me to bring the rings down the aisle. It was a beautiful moment we shared. A full moon approaches and it's Hope's first transformation. 

Elijah told us Antoinette left after the vampires were killed and Roman disappeared. Richelle and Jasmine finally decided on a name: Liam Jacob Mikaelson. I personally love the name. 

Right now, Elijah asked for my help to go through his stuff. That's what we were doing when Freya walked in. 

"We're just going through my old things" Elijah said to her. 

Freya cleared her throat. "Um... so I wanted to ask you something. Uh, Rebekah is going to be the maid of honor, and I'm going to ask Vincent to be the best man. Klaus, well, he's doing nefarious things to secure the venue, Kimberly is on ring duty, and Kol is going to do the ceremony. And if it would mean a lot to me... if you would walk me down the aisle" 

Elijah was quiet for a moment. "I don't know if I can do that"

"Yeah. No, I-I know that you're going through a lot and that you're grieving, and I'm here for you, but I just, I thought today... you could be here for me" Freya said.

"I'm sorry. I can't" Elijah said and Freya left without another word. 

I smacked him on the back of his head. "Ow-what the--"

"How dare you say that to Freya?" I asked.

"I wouldn't expect you to understand" Elijah muttered. 

"You're an idiot" I began to walk out of the room. 

"Where are you going?" Elijah asked.

"I'm going to help Freya get ready for her wedding, which is today" I then left. 

I walked into Nat's room. "Honey, aren't you getting ready?" 

"I am, I'm just trying to pick an outfit" 

"Ok" I shut her door and checked up on Jasmine and Richelle. 

"Hey, are you getting ready?" I asked popping into their bedroom. 

"Just starting makeup right now, we should be ready in a few hours" Jasmine said. 

"Ok, let me know if you need any help" I said.

"Will do, Mom" Richelle said. I shut their door and went to go find Freya. 

It took me a few minutes but I finally found Freya and Vincent talking. "I don't understand. You're leaving?" 

"Freya... I'm telling you, under any other circumstances, it would be my great honor to be your best man, but I can't do it. These past few days... Ivy. I am no good to anybody right now, and I... I just, I want to get out of this place... Freya. Freya, it's like I keep pushing the same stone up the same hill, and it just rolls right back down, and it crashes on top of me, and I cannot do it! We had all those years of vigilance. We had all those years of peace, and good people died. And it means nothing. Nothing I have ever done in my entire life has meant anything at all" 

"That's not true. That's not true. We had seven years of peace because of you. Seven years of people not having to apologize for who they were, not having to mourn their dead. That was you" Freya said.

"That was us. And it's over. And I thought that it was gonna last longer. I had no idea how fragile it was"

Freya sniffled. "How long will you be gone?"