Chapter 5

Kimberly's pov__________________

The next morning I was sleeping peacefully when someone barges into my room. "Kim, you need to come downstairs" Diana stood there looking worried. 

I groan. "Can't it wait?" 

"No" 

I groan again and got up from my bad and angrily walked downstairs.

I see Damon standing there with Caroline and Stefan.

"What's going on?" I asked confused.

"Go ahead. Tell them. You're gonna love this" Damon said.

"I saw Katherine today" Caroline said.

"Where?" Stefan asked.

"At the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and quasi-stalk Matt"

"Skip the teen drama. Get to it" Damon said.

"Then I pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go because I'm a doofus. Katherine pretended to be Elena, cornered me in the bathroom, and wanted me to deliver a message"

"Which is?" I asked her. 

"Tell Damon and Stefan  that I want the moonstone or I will rip this town apart until it rains blood"

"Tell them the rest of it" Damon says.

"She said tonight, at the masquerade ball"

"She wants to do this in public. Killing Mason threw her off guard" Stefan said.

"She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate" Damon said.

"You can't underestimate her. You have to play this smart" Diana tells them.

"Can't we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline asked.

"No, she won't leave" I said.

"Katherine is not getting dick. I've had it. I'm gonna go to the ball and I'm gonna kill her myself" Damon said.

"You're not gonna kill her" Stefan said.

"Don't give me that goody-goody crap"

"You're not gonna kill her" Stefan repeated. 

"Oh, really?" 

"Because I am" 

"No, I am" I said to the two brothers that were arguing back and forth.

"Caroline call Bonnie" Damon said and Caroline called her. Not long Alaric and Jeremy walk in and he and Damon start to go over things. 

After a while, there was a knock on the door and Bonnie walks in.

"Hey. You brought the Grimoire. Thank you" Stefan said to her. 

"What's going on?" Bonnie asked.

"We're gonna kill Katherine" Jeremy said coming in from the kitchen.

Bonnie looks from Jeremy to Stefan.

"I can explain" Stefan said.

"Please" 

"We're gonna kill Katherine"

Alaric then explains how to use this weapon he made for Damon and Stefan.

"Are you sure you guys don't want me there?" Alaric asked as he packed up a bag.

"No. Stay with Elena. I don't want her to know about this" Stefan tells him.

"Ok. Well, I'll make sure she doesn't leave my sight"

Stefan nods his head and then turns the everyone else in the room. "Alright. If anybody wants to back out, I'll understand"