Chapter 97

Kimberly's pov____________________

A week has gone by and tonight is a full moon. I'm starting to worry for Hope. 

Elijah said Marcel wanted to talk to us, he handed us drinks. 

"It's been a long time since we shared drinks together" Elijah said.

"You're gonna need it" Marcel said.

"Davina doesn't have good news, does she?" I asked.

"She, Natasha, and Freya have been holed up with spell books all week, searching for any last ideas to help Hope. They're out of options" Marcel said.

"I don't accept that" Elijah said.

"Look, I love that kid. It's because I love her that I'm telling you. There is no miracle fix here. Now she might've had a little more time, but she's about to experience her first full moon since she triggered her curse. Every with that we consulted is sure that she won't survive the night" Marcel said.

"Then we speak with Freya. She will perform a binding spell. That's the solution" Elijah said. 

"A spell that powerful would only kill her faster" Marcel pointed out. "This is terminal, Elijah. Now we can't keep this a secret from her any longer. She needs the chance to say goodbye. And we all know who needs to tell her" Marcel said.

"He won't accept it" Elijah said.

"Make him. She's dying, Elijah, Kimberly" 

"We know, Marcel, why don't you shout it out loud for the whole city to hear?" I said sarcastically. 

Elijah and I stood outside Hope's room waiting for Nik. A few mintues later, Nik came out of the room. 

"Niklaus--" 

"Get in the car. You and I are taking Hope and Nat on a little trip" Nik said.

"Are you out of your mind?" Elijah asked as we followed Nik.

"They can sleep on the drive" Nik said.

"Surely you heard Marcel" I said.

"He doesn't know anything!" Nik yelled.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Hope and Nat's school knows how to deal with a werewolf's first transformation. They have a facility" Nik said.

"Mystic Falls? I take it you have a plan" Elijah said.

"I do and while I execute it, I need you two to look after her, to make sure she doesn't exert herself" Nik said.

"Wouldn't it be better for you to let Kimberly and Natasha take her out instead of me?" Elijah asked.

"How Hope feels about you is of no consqeuence. I have until the crest of the full moon to save her life. We've defied the inevitable for a dozen lifetimes. I am not about to surrende to it now. Please, Elijah, Kimblery, you're the only one I trust" 

We got the girls and drove to Mystic Falls. We got there by morning. 

Nik split up while the girls gave us a tour of the school. Even though I know inch by inch of this place. 

"And this is the Salvatore library" Nat said as we entered what was once a study room, now a library. 

"The diary of Stefan Salvatore" Elijah read from a box. 

"We're not supposed to touch it, but I pratically have the whole thing memorized. And spoiler alert: Dad is the villain and you're the evil henchman" Hope said.