Chapter 24

Kimberly's pov___________________________

It's been two months of traveling to find werewolves and we finally got a lead. Klaus and I were hiding in the trees.

"Rudy?" She whistled. "Rudy? come on, it's too hot to make me come looking for you"

Klaus and I vamped speed behind her and she turned around and jumped.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you" Klaus had an American accent that really didn't sound right coming from him.

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah, mu, uh... My car ran out of gas a couple of miles back. We've been walking forever. Yours is the first house I've come to. I was hoping I could use your phone"

"Don't you have a cell phone?"

"Both of our batteries dyed trying to get a signal out here" I cut in. 

"Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer. I just wanna use your phone" Debatable, Klaus...

She signed. "Sure"

"So... I can come in?"

"No. I'll get the phone and bring it out to you"

Klaus glared at her. Dropping his act. "I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting" He dropped the accent. 

"I'm from Florida"

"Well, that explains it" I said.

Klaus vamped speed and grabbed her by the throat. "Now, show me a little southern hospitality" He compelled her. "Sweat pea"

"Come inside" 

Klaus and I walked in and went to the kitchen. I grabbed onto the girl and dragged her with us. 

"I bet you a $100 that dog ran off, to a house with air-conditioning" She turned to us. "What's going on?"

"Please, don't be alarmed. I'm told Ray Sutton lives here" Klaus said.

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly"

"But I expect he makes it home once a month" His roommate didn't say anything. "That's what I thought. Where is he now?"

She still didn't say anything.

"If I have to make you tell me... It's going to be infinitely more painful for you. Heh"

She then ran to the front door, but Stefan was on the other side and she screamed.

"I love it when they run" Klaus smirked as we followed behind her. 

"He's in Tulley. It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort, it's off Highway 41"

"Thank you, my love. Now..." Klaus moved the girl's hair. "May my friend come in and play?"

"Yes" She cried out.

Stefan walked in.

"Kill this one quickly" I pushed the girl in front of me forward to Stefan. "Make that one suffer. We'll be in the car" Klaus grabbed my arm and I had no choice but to follow him to the car.

"But Klaus, I want to kill them" I whined as we got into the cars. Both girls screams were loud. 

"The next round of killing is all yours"

After a few minutes, Stefan got into the backseat.

"Did you have fun without me?" I glared at me.

Stefan smiled amusemently at me.