Couple A' Jail Byrds

Touya POV:

Prison ain't shit.

Feeling grumpy as hell about having to leave Grape at the courthouse-and those four years of community service I'd have to do once I get outta here, I looked around the prison entrance sourly.

"Smells like ass." I commented casually, feeling Akio hum at my side once he was dragged out of the police car.

He's been quiet since everything happened. What, he was so quick to reveal his identity to me on the battlefield and help Violet, but now he hasn't said one god damn word to either of us?

What the hell is he thinking, huh? Clearly, we got some shit to talk about, and my nosy ass won't wait forever.

But, it would have to wait a little while. The damn guards hadn't let go of me since getting their hands on me in the first place, gripping my arms tightly and dragging me towards a big ass line of freshly convicted dipshits.

I hate waiting. Almost as much as community service.

There were two lines right next to each other, and Akio was dragged into the one next to mine, making me instinctively look his way.

Look, it's got nothing to do with me looking out for the dipshit, alright? I'm just curious about how this whole thing's gonna play out for him. Heroes never last long in places like these. Everyone knows it. How would you feel if the person who put you away and ruined your entire life was now sleeping right next to you, completely vulnerable and unprotected? Great time to get some revenge, right?

I've never been in prison for longer than a night before I ducked out, but I already figured out quick that there's a certain power dynamic ya gotta establish when you're in here. Big dick energy, and all that shit. Heh, as if my dick could get any bigger.

These vultures salivate at the first sign of weakness. I know that, but I wonder if Akio does. Doesn't help that he's blind as a bat now. If he's smart, he won't tell anyone that.

I watched closely as he forcibly entered the line next to mine, watching the surrounding prisoners immediately eye him up and down like their next meal. Judging from the way they smirked at each other silently, they recognized him.

"Oh? What do we have here? Look at this pretty boy hero..." One of the prisoners behind Akio chuckled, nudging him in the knee with his foot since his hands were restrained with quirk handcuffs.

Akio's jaw tensed at the antagonization, quickly turning around in the line before slamming his foot into the guy's ankle. The prisoner's smug eyes widened in pain, quickly biting his tongue and subtly hunching over so as not to draw any attention from the watching police.

"Touch me again and I'll rip your fucking jaw off. Are we clear?" Akio seethed out, getting in close to the guy's face.

My brows raised in amused surprise for his quick retaliation. Yeah, he might've been a snobby hero once upon a time, but he was also on the streets for awhile-and he put up with Jeweled Bitch-aka, my Apparently-Father-in-Law's shit for a decade. He's got a little spark to him.

Guess he knew he was the number one target here, too. He needed to establish boundaries quick.

"Oh? And what the hell are you in here for? Stealing a candy bar?" The hunched prisoner spat, forcing himself back upright as a police officer came over.

"Murder and mass genocide. I don't mind adding another body to my count." Akio said lowly before the officer roughly broke the two up.

"No talking and face forward, Matsubara!" He yelled, shoving Akio in the back.