'It Gets Better.'

Jan 2022 Author's Note: I did not realize this chapter would affect people the way it did, otherwise I would have put a trigger warning to begin with (you know I am big on trigger/mature warnings, so trust I mean this). After receiving a few messages from different people, I am putting a trigger warning for GRIEF right now.

For those who have lost loved ones, I did not mean to bring up old wounds. I was thinking about this chapter from Violet's perspective, but after hearing some of your stories, I apologize if you had to re-live anything through this chapter. That was never my intention and I feel very bad 💔. Please be mindful this chapter contains heavy grieving.

Top pic of Violet made by frostbyte1109 This picture is incredible!! If you guys want a higher res version, go to their deviant art: https://www.deviantart.com/frostydraws1109/art/It-Gets-Better-903081567

"Sometimes, we aren't meant to get over someone, and we go on living a little bit emptier."
Leo Christopher.

Violet POV:

Tuesday.

It's a day that's not popular to most, not dreadful enough to be called Monday...but, also not exciting enough to be called Friday. Hell, it's not even memorable to be called Wednesday and mark the middle of the week.

No. Tuesday is just Tuesday. Boring. Uneventful. The day most forgotten by people as time goes by. When weeks turn to months, and months turn to years, who really ever remembers one, specific Tuesday?

I do. Or, at least, I have for the last eight years.

But that streak was broken yesterday, because yesterday wasn't The Day. Yesterday...was just....Tuesday.

I didn't think about the upcoming day, months prior, the way I normally do. I didn't hear the flashbacks of shriek and cries bleeding into my eardrums so vividly. My body didn't wake up in the usual cold sweat and choking breaths. My mouth didn't scream for him the way it always did. My muscles never shut down and drowned in their grief, too broken to even get up to grab a glass of water.

And most of all, my brain didn't remember the saddest, most important day of my life when it was supposed to, making the realization hit me like a bus.

The realization...that I forgot. I forgot him.

I forgot.....I forgot...I....

How? How could I forget? He crosses my mind every other day of the year. That's not even an exaggeration. For the last eight years, Touya has always crossed my mind at least one time a day. Whether it was a fleeting memory...a conversation we had....a meal...anything. Significant. Insignificant. It didn't matter. He was always on my mind.

I made sure he was always on my mind. I made sure I wouldn't be allowed to forget him.

Because I don't wanna forget him. I never want to forget how wonderful he was.

But, you did. Not only did you forget him, but you forgot him on the most important day.

The loud splashes of the rain outside faded in my eardrums, making me barely register that I was still standing on the balcony, talking to Natsuo. Or, at least, I was supposed to be talking to Natsuo. I don't know how much time has passed since he unintentionally dropped the bomb of my fuck up.