Unexpected People

Top pic credit: ChakaRakka

"Ladies and gentlemen, there she is! Violet Sasaki-special agent, greatest hero in the world, a friend, a genius, a-" My best friend, Akio, taunted playfully as I walked up the porch of the Todoroki house.

I groaned softly to cut him off, veering my walking trail away from the front door and over to his sitting spot on the grass.

"Yes, yes. It's very funny when Violet messes up another mission, isn't it?" I sighed lightly, causing him to snicker.

"Not funny, Vi. Not funny at all. It's totally not funny that you had one of the most notorious members of the league of villains right in your hands-"

"Shut up-"

"And yet he still managed to slip through your fingers-" He finished smugly, before I tossed the heavy duffel bag off my shoulder and harshly into his lap.

I tried to give him a deadpan glare as he began to cackle, but the look was quick to wash away when I found myself softly laughing with him.

"It was just bad luck!-and you know, at least I was at the raid, Mr. I'm-The-Number-Twelve-Hero-But-Excuse-Me-While-I-Don't-Show-Up." I defended in amusement.

Akio smirked proudly at my words, leaning back on the grass a little more in relaxation as he basked in his day off.

"Yeah, well I was supposed to be there. But, Bitchdeavor needed an even number of players, so he had you go in my place instead. Wasn't that generous of him?" Akio snickered, before the front door to the house quickly opened.

"Woah, do I hear Violet out here?!" Natsuo exclaimed, not needing a verbal answer to the question as he was quick to find my presence on the lawn.

"That's right, I'm back!" I chuckled, turning around to face him.

"Early, too! Thought you weren't supposed to come back until tomorrow." He smiled, quickly hopping off the three stairs on the porch to make his way over to me.

"She was, but your dad-not-dad decided to cut the mission early!" Akio called out, groggily forcing himself to find his way to his feet so he could stay in the conversation.

Natsuo's smile fell a bit at the words, before he turned his eyes back on me knowingly.

"Oh, boy. What happened this time?" He asked, finally meeting my distance on the lawn.

I groaned a bit knowingly, rubbing the back of my neck in slight guilt as I thought about my mess up.

"I think the better question is what didn't happen." I corrected with a fake cringe, quick to brush off another failed mission as I was just happy to be home.

Natsuo followed my lead, shrugging his shoulders a bit before wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Hey, as long as my girlfriend's okay, then I really don't care. I'm just happy you're home early." He smirked, craning his head down on instinct to plant a chaste kiss to my lips.

I hummed in content at the action, letting my eyes fall closed as I smiled into the kiss.

"Gross. Get a room, you two-oh wait, you have one. It's called Violet's apartment and not the front lawn of Endeavor's house." Akio laughed, causing Natsuo and I to pull away with a matching grin of amusement.

"Oh, come on, Akio. My house is Violet's house-at least, it has been for the last ten years, before she just had to move out." Natsuo groaned lightly, planting one more quick peck to my lips.