Completely Harmless

Top pic credit: RougeHeichou

Violet POV:

"Um....so....hi. That's a pretty big knife you got there." I chuckled nervously to one of the masked enemies on the roof, watching them twirl their sharp-already bloody knife between their gloved fingers with taunting ease.

I continued backing up on the roof as the three enemies slowly walked towards me, running out of distance to create between us as the edge of the roof was starting to get too close for my comfort.

A sweltering sound below caused me to look down and see Dabi still down on the ground, gritting his teeth as he shot a ball of fire towards an incoming shard of Harima's salt rock that was seconds away from killing him.

I pursed my lips in distaste as I realized Dabi and I were seriously getting our asses kicked by Midas' crew right now, wondering how on earth we could turn this situation around.

We're split up right now, doing our own tasks. Yes, it's still teamwork. But, maybe we need to get closer.

We need to fight together if we want any chance of winning-

In the middle of my thought filled hesitation to come up with a plan, I was barely able to register the swing of the knife coming straight towards my face, gasping in panic as I instinctively ducked to dodge it.

The knife's slice through wind and rain was heard inches above my head, but I couldn't quite focus on that when I was abruptly kneed in the stomach.

I coughed at the impact as I involuntarily hunched over, unable to gather my bearings as I was immediately yanked back up to standing by my neck and put in a choke hold.

How quickly this went so wrong!

My air supply was quickly becoming cut off by one of my attackers, causing me to initially panic and start clawing their arms as my muddled mind tried to run through a plan.

Okayokayokayokay-

What did Endeavor teach me during training, besides boomer stuff?

He taught me all of my mom's ultimate moves.

I began mentally running through the list of attacks I could use to get this person off me-realizing that the majority of these moves worked well for my mom, because they allowed her to utilize her strength and tall height.

Alright. I don't have a lot of muscle or tall height.

So, it looks like I will need to work with my own body here.

Referring back to the basic combat moves Endeavor taught me instead, I decided to use a move that worked better for my height and weight-immediately pushing my back against the attacker's chest, before jumping both of my feet off the ground.

Being smaller, I was able to get my lower body to a decent height in the air, even with my upper body restrained, before I harshly kicked both of my feet back down towards the ground. The abrupt force of my kick caused my attacker's body to jolt forward off their own feet, allowing me to use the momentum and somersault forward to throw them over my shoulders.

I inhaled a sharp breath once there was no longer a pair of arms choking me, looking up to see I managed to land with my knee on my attacker's chest-with them lying on their back.

What?! It worked??

"Ah! That was so cool! I wish someone could have seen that." I huffed out with self validation, unable to reflect anymore on the awesome moment when I saw movement in my peripheral vision.