Open the door...

Violet POV:

Comfortable silence ensued as Tsuyo and I walked down the forbidden hallway to Midas' 'dressery.'

I've gotta say, of all the people I've come to know here, I'm rather surprised that one of my favorites is the masked mute who rarely says anything. Do I know how to pick friends, or what...

But, while Tsuyo is a person of few words, admittedly, it's when they do speak that I find myself constantly intrigued by them...only wanting to get closer and know more of their strange personality as time goes on.

"So, Tsuyo," I asked mystery person after a few moments, enjoying the peaceful walk through the decorative hallway. "Will you be at Midas' ball tonight?"

The mystery person hummed lazily to my words, keeping their hands behind their back as they looked down to their slow moving feet with boredom.

"Of course." They murmured, quickly following up on their words when they saw my features get too excited. "But, I won't be there for fun. I'll be working in the shadows. You won't even know I'm there."

I felt my lips purse up a bit sadly at their words, stealing a glance at their masked side profile as a thought came to mind.

"Aw, really? Man, you're always working. Don't you ever get a day off?" I asked, forced pick up my slow moving feet as they walked a little faster now.

Ha! That's funny. It's almost like they're walking faster now cause they don't wanna talk to me!

"No."

"Well, you should." I followed up with concern as we turned the next corner." You know, studies show that people who overwork themselves are ten times crankier than others-oh, and they also tend to go bald quicker."

Even though I couldn't see their face, I could practically see Tsuyo rolling their eyes at my words from under their mask.

"Fascinating story." They muttered sarcastically, keeping their, now brisk, walking pace as we headed for the door at the end of the hallway.

I was practically running to keep up now, appearing next to them like a ray of sunshine getting rid of their angry rain cloud.

"You know, you should ask Midas for a day off! I bet he'd give you one." I suggested naively, causing the mystery person to scoff slightly as we approached the decorative door.

"Right, cause you know him so well?" Tsuyo retorted a bit annoyed, shuffling their hands around in their pocket as they searched for something-most likely, a key.

I leaned against the wall as they scrounged their pockets for the key, backing off on my excited tone slightly when they didn't seem too keen on the idea.

Fair enough. I don't wanna step on their toes...

"Well-I didn't say that. It was just a suggestion." I said softly, trailing my gaze to the ceiling with the intention to shut up now.

Tsuyo finally pried the key from their pocket a few moments later, ramming it into the lock with just a bit of unnecessary angry force.

"A stupid suggestion." They muttered lowly, unlocking the door within the next second and storming inside.

...huh?

Did I say something wrong? All I said was that they should take it easy sometimes. Jeez!

I held up my hands in surrender as I followed Tsuyo into the pitch black room, muttering a small sentence under my breath as I did so.

"See? Overworked and cranky-and possibly, balding. Though I haven't had the necessary evidence to determine that, yet-"

"You know, it's funny." Tsuyo interrupted me a little louder, causing my eyes to widen when I realized they heard me groveling.