Muscle Memory

Dabi POV:

Text Message From: Grape-Clown
Hey, where are you?
9:24 am.

I'm leaving for Midas' place now. He asked for both of us, so I hope you're not planning to leave me alone?
11:52am.

Okay, well since you never showed up...looks like we'll be separated today. Midas is taking me to train in the woods. I won't have cellphone reception.
2:45pm.

Ughhh. Okay, I know i look like a clingy psycho for sending like a million messages in a row...but.....I just gotta know. Are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong?
2:47pm.

I stared at the messages through half lidded eyes, letting puffs of smoke escape my mouth and cloud the image of the phone screen so I wouldn't have to see it.

Heh. Look at me? What, I'm suddenly hiding from my problems now? That's a new one. Might as well call me Enji Todoroki now, right?-But then again, he always ignored his problems, rather than hide them. Nahhh, he never even gave them a chance to hide because-poof!-they just weren't there at all!

In case you can't tell, I'm even more pissed off than usual today, so get ready for a fucking earful of ranting and complaining. Don't like it? Well, I don't care. Cry about it and fuck off.

As I've already said in the past-and don't quote me on it cause I was probably drunk, high, dead-or all three, being alone with my own thoughts is a dangerousss little thing. It's pretty dark up in this fucked, ol' head of mine.

Guess what though? And, maybe you haven't noticed, cause all these stupid inner monologues sound angry as fuck-but, would you believe it if I told you...my head hasn't been as dark as usual during these nine months?

Can you guess why? If you can't, you're even dumber than I thought-and that's saying something...

It's cause a certain grape turned on a lightswitch in my pitch black head. She illuminated everything that never needed to be seen again. Memories. Feelings. Purpose, and all that other bullshit that comes with it.

Don't get me wrong. It didn't happen all at once. Obviously, as you saw-or, rather-eavesdropped, as I don't remember giving you permission to stick around inside my head...

It was gradual. So subtle, I didn't even notice. But, it happened. It fucking happened. And the only reason I even realize it, is because this is the first time I'm alone again.

It's only day one of trying to cut Violet out of my life, but even so, I feel it. That feeling I used to get all the time when I was always alone. It's a sense of danger...for no one, other than myself.

It's anticipation for nothing. A mindless need for destruction. It's like there's a time bomb in my head, ticking away with unknown seconds...leaving me to wonder when I'll snap again and combust into flames for a final time.

Could be soon! Feel free to stick around and find out!

I didn't realize how easy it had been to make that 'time bomb' feeling so unfamiliar. Fuck, I hate this. I feel like I'm sixteen again, fresh on the run with no skin on my body...still somehow trying to fight this exact sensation of evil in my inexperienced veins.