Day 6

Usopp

~{You're point of view}~

It's was the annual cooking competition which is televised each year, it's always before Christmas and everyone loves to watch it and see everyone make their own food for the show.

Each year, everyone who joins the competition will be told what to recreate, but you're allowed to make you're own twist to it. The prize is obviously money, like any competition that's televised.

I was lucky enough to be able to join in this year as contestant and not someone who's watching the show. I'm so excited right now, I want to prove myself to everyone and show how good I am with cooking!

So here I am on stage with a pretty good amount of contestants this year, ready to be told what to recreate.

-"Hello and welcome everyone! Here are our new contestants this year, this year we we're able to get the double amount of contestants and here's the reason why! Our marvelous judges, wanted to have a twist to change things up! So they have decided to have everyone pared up by a partner by random and see how they'll cook!" My stomach dropped at the pit of mu stomach once I hear everything the announcer says. I'm going to be paired up with someone? Someone who I do not know? Oh god this'll go really bad.

-"And for the prize money we have decided to also double that amount so the two contestants that are paired up and win the prize will be able to split the money!" Right, the prize money. To be honest I don't really care about the prize money, but at least they took that into consideration.

-"As for the food creation's, you may pick anything you want to make, but I must be a desert and the desert must either be a cake, a pie, or some cookies that are different than you're usual store bought ones!" Well, that's going to be interesting with negotiation with some of the groups.

-"Now for the real fun to begin! The partners you're going to join up with is quite simple, you're all going to grab a piece of paper in this box here, the number on the paper will be who you're partnered up with. Once you obtain your paper wait to find your partner with the same number on the paper! Have fun!" Once the lady announces the rules for the partnership we're going to have to do, she then takes a white box and places it on a table and lets everyone to go and grab their paper.

Once I get my paper I look at the number to see whom I got. I got number "6"

I stared at the paper for a while, wondering whom my partner be, afraid that I might be stuck with someone who's unbearable to deal with, or a super rude person, or worse getting a partner that ends up with me and them getting kicked out of the competition. I mean I don't care if I win or not, I just really want to participate as I went through thick and thin to be able to get here and to loose it all would be a nightmare. 

Suddenly someone bumps into me, almost making me tumble with them as they seem to be falling themselves. They seem to have a much heavier mass than me, so I had very little chance to be able to catch them. I try to catch them, I will be honest, but boy are they heavy are I end up falling with them and hitting the not soft pavement. 

We both make a sound once we collide with the ground. Me making a "oof" and the person who collided into me made a grunt. 

Immediately after we fall the person who made me fall tries to scramble back onto his feet, probably trying not to crush me even more.

-"I am so terribly sorry! Are you alright?!" I hear the man panic. 

-"I'm fine, are you though?" The man seems to be surprised by my own concern for him.

-"M-me?"

-"Who other than you would I be talking to?" He seems to look around himself quickly, then realizing that was a dumb idea.