Canadian Thanksgiving Special!

PLOT: You go into a store to by décor for your house as you are the host for this year's Thanksgiving celebration with your family and you wanted to deck yourself with the Thanksgiving decorations. But once you entre the store and browse the shop, you make a huge mess, but instead of the clerk to worry about the products they seem to be extra worried about you instead.

Eustass Kid

Modern AU

~{Third person's point of view}~

Today your goal was to buy Thanksgiving decorations as it would be you're first Thanksgiving in your own house. Yes, you are the host this year for thanksgiving. You are going to the store for decorations for your house because you don't really have any décor for Thanksgiving you set yourself out to go and get some for the upcoming day. 

You walk in the décor store that's jack full of thanksgiving decorations and Halloween decorations as that's coming soon as well. 

You walk around and browse the store looking at what they had in stock. You would pick up the essentials and some stuff you thought would work well in your house. That's when you saw the most perfect decoration that would be perfect to be placed inside your house for all to see. A tiny pumpkin, but not just any ol' pumpkin you can buy at a store. Oh no no no. This one was special. But of course this tiny pumpkin was high up on the shelves and quite frankly you are a pretty average height, so to see how tall these shelve can be is a bit intimidating. 

You look around to see maybe you can ask a clerk to help you out, but there seems to be none around you at all. So instead to look for a clerk like a reasonable person and being stubborn, you try to climb the shelves quickly to grab that, oh so special tiny pumpkin.

You almost reach it until you felt as if you were falling backwards and in fact you are. With some other merchandise too. 

You land with a loud THUD on the cool flooring with some other décor around as they also have fallen with you. 

You panic as you're afraid that you may have caused damage to some of the products with your fall. You hear a pair of footsteps behind you, rushing to where you are on the floor.

-"Are you alright!?" A voice says behind you. 

You turn your head to see who that voice belongs to, hoping to dear god that it's not an employee or worst the manager to see you falling and probably destroyed some of their products.

It was a very tall man behind you with a very bright red for hair. He seemed to have a concerned expression over his forever furrowed brows. You look down to see what he's wearing and then you see that oh so bland shade of blue on that apron suited with a name tag on his chest written with his name on it. Fuck, he's a clerk here. 

You rush to get back on your feet and readying yourself to profusely apologize to the man for destroying any of their products. 

-"Hey, are you alright? You didn't answer me before." The man repeats.

-"Oh! Right, sorry. I'm alright. Sorry for the mess." You finally say as you look behind yourself. You made a small mess, but it doesn't seem that anything truly got destroyed. Thank god.

-"That's no big deal. But are you sure you're alright?" Why is he so worried about you, you wonder.

-"Yes. You don't need to worry about me." 

-"What we're you trying to get that made you fall?"

-"Oh! I was just trying to get that tiny pumpkin up there, but as you can see I fell and made some of your products fall."

-"Did any of them fall on you or cause you any harm?"

-"No. I'm perfectly fine, you don't need to worry about me so much." You giggle.

-"Good. And let me get that pumpkin for you, just wait here for a moment." With that the man walks away to probably get a ladder to climb so he can get that pumpkin.

With him gone, you decide to at least clean up the mess you've made and make a use of yourself than just standing there with the mess you've made. 

After 5 minutes the man comes back with a tiny ladder. You also just finished cleaning up the mess you've made as you we're putting back the last décor on the shelf in it's place.

-"You didn't need to pick up the mess."

-"I felt like I had too, I mean I made the mess and just standing here would be awkward." You say, smiling to the man. You will not lie, he does have some good looks.

-"Well, thank you anyways and here's you pumpkin miss." The man says, while giving you the tiny pumpkin.

-"Thank you!" You beam as you finally have the pumpkin.

-"No problem, enjoy your day." With that the man walks away.

~~~~

It's finally the day you've been anxious for. Thanksgiving! And boy does your house looks fabulous. This year was the year for your family to come over. Once 12 pm hit, people started to come over and bring their own meals as well. But when 3 pm hit, everybody was arriving. It was so chaotic. 

You greeted everybody with a warm welcome, seeing your parents, cousins, aunts and uncles, grand-parents. But what probably shocked you even more was the clerk was here. The same clerk that helped you get that tiny pumpkin.

Your jaw drops once you see him walking towards your house. Is he a relative? Or did one of the family members bring a friend over? That happens all the time.

The man also seems to recognize you once he saw you, because he's walking right towards you. 

You panic. Not knowing what to do. What to say really.

-"Hey." The man says.

-"Hey. You're the clerk that helped me from before?"

-"Yes. I'm not any of the relatives here. One of my friends invited me."

-"Okay, that makes a whole lot more sense! Our family seems to do that often. I'm the host this year that's why I was getting decorations and that pumpkin..."

-"I see. Well it's nice to see you again. The name's Eustass Kid." He pulls out his hand for a handshake.

-"It's nice to meet you Kid. My name is (Y/n)." I smile and shake his hand.

Oh did I not know that this would turn into something much bigger then just acquaintances. 

~~~~

~~~~

(I used the image as a reference)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and enjoy your day!

Please tell me if you want to have a continuation!

-Rin