~XIII : Zoro~

!!! Just a little warning that this fic is a little bit on the "Hurt/Comfort" zone! If you're not comfortable with that, that's okay! Just felt a little on the sad side for this fic :/ !!!

I stare at the intricate piece of paper in my hands. Shocked and at the same time happy to hear the news.

One of my childhood friends is finally getting married to her partner, but I'm just as shocked as I am happy. I've come to realise that I haven't done mush with my life, it's kind of been a slew of things and me just trying to live without doing anything. That everyone around me have been living their lives while I've just been living without really 'living'.

I hear the bell clang like every time it has before, telling me that someone has entered the liquor store.

I put the card down and look up to see who's entering the store so early in the day, but who am I to question how someone lives their life. My eye meet another's, brown eyes stare at me while I stare back. 

I wasn't expecting to see Zoro again. But it makes sense for him to go to a liquor store.

-"What are you doing here?" He gruffs. I guess meeting each other again was just a surprise as much as it is to me.

-"I work here."

-"No. Why are you here on this country?"

-"Because I live here? What do you want as an answer?"

-"Well for starter's not that and two last time I saw you was back home at a party when we-"

-"I'll stop you there. I just decided to move here that's all."

-"But it's not safe here."

-"And back at home is?"

-"By a long shot, yes." He sighs for a second and walks his towards me, the cash. "I still care for you, you know."

-"I got that from a few seconds ago and it's sweet, but I hope you're not caring for me because what happened back then. Are you." Back then we we're just a fling. A fling. And yet... it still hurts to remember. I guess it's because back then I thought it was the real deal, till he decided to leave me and say that it was just a 'fling'.

His shoulders dropped. It seems he truly does still care, but it's been six years. Things have changed. Well I guess not me, really. 

-"I'm sorry for what I did back then. I-" He sighs. Remembering his own stupidity from back then. "I want to say sorry for all the stupid mistakes I've done back then, but it's pointless isn't it? It's been too long and I've lost my shot for making things up. I know that much. I was wondering, even though I left you. Can we still be friends?" 

Those words seem to have been on his mind for a while and it made me think that maybe through all those years he regretted it. Same as me. Other than his appearance, he truly hasn't changed. I guess we're both stuck in the past yet time passes through.

-"I'd love that." I smile. "Zoro."

-----

After deciding to be friends again and giving him some booze. He stayed and we we're able to catch up on some things, like how's he's been training, or how I'm going to a wedding. It honestly felt nice to put an end to those old feelings and rebuilt on some new ones. Almost starting fresh. 

Soon enough a twice per week meet up, became more frequent and I became much more excited to see him than anything else. Heck my life felt like it was moving somewhere. 

I was enjoying my time with Zoro again, heck I got to see some of the other's too! Like Luffy and his brother's, Nami, Robing, Sanji (Even though Zoro wasn't too pleased to hear about that), Brook, Franky, Vivi, Chopper, and Jimbe. It was really nice and refreshing to see them all once again and hang out with them. 

A week became a month, and a month became two, and then three months flew by and it continued. Just until a year passed by. With me at my job at the liquor store and Zoro walking inside just like the day we met once again.

-"Welcome back, moss head."

-"You got to stop calling me that. I hate that Sanji told you that stupid nickname." Zoro grumble while grabbing a bottle of sake and putting it on the counter.

-"I find it cute." I chuckle.

-"Is that everything?"

-"Yes." He mumbles, as he's trying to get the right amount of cash from his wallet already knowing the price from his routine of coming here almost everyday. 

-"You do realise it's been a year since we met again." I mention, wondering if he's noticed too. Although I doubt it.

-"Actually I have. Funny, huh? But I'm glad I decided to walk into this liquor store that day."

-"And why's that?"

-"Well it's obvious isn't it?" He chuckles. "The sake here's amazing and it's super cheap!" 

-"You ass." I giggle as I hit his arm.

-"Jokes aside. I'm glad I was able to see you again and becomes friends like old times." His face was so gentle with that smile of his. Gosh. What I wasn't expecting was falling for him again. I guess that part can't be helped.

-"I agree on that part." 

-"Although..." Zoro's face started to show a hint of pink going across his face. "I know this might sound ridiculous, but what I wasn't expecting was falling for you again." Now those are words I wasn't expecting to hear from him, but it was kind of nice to hear that my feelings weren't one sided. 

-"Well that makes two of us." I giggle. His shocked expression was priceless even.

END.