~VI : Marco~

What could be nicer than the nice spring breeze that's not too cold, flow through the air, while making your hair a mess and right putting it all in your face. While you drink one of your favourite drinks, walking your way towards a local flower shop owned by a sweet old lady. What a perfect-ish day.

On my peaceful walk to the flower shop that's about a minute away, I seem to have gotten my head in the clouds as I bump into something. It wasn't a building or anything, but it was a figure, or more like a man. As I look up to see what or who I bumped into, all I see is a tall figure with a broad back wearing some interesting clothing. Almost pirate like. But who am I to judge as I need to apologize for not paying attention to where I was going.

"Sorry for bumping into you, I wasn't looking where I was going." I say and the man does turn around and I truly didn't expect this to happen.

"Marco?" I'm in shock to see such an old friend that I knew when I was ten to see him as an adult. And has time treated him well.

"(Y/n)? Damn I haven't seen you in a while. How are you?"

"I'm doing pretty well, I mean I'm going to a wedding soon. How about you? How has the pirate life going?" 

"Pretty nice actually, got a pretty awesome captain and I have some great crewmen on the ship."

"I heard in the news briefly that you're with white beard? That's pretty awesome man!"

"I know I'm actually 1st division commander on the crew." Marco sheepishly said.

"HOLY SHIT MAN! I'm so proud of you! It's been so long, how about we catch up with some coffee?"

"That would sound quite nice actually. I'm free today anyways."

"Great, I'll go grab a bouquet that I need to pick up and I'll be right with ya." 

With that I entre the flower shop as fast as I can and grab the bouquet that I had ordered a few days ago and pay the very kind lady with a tip of course, bid her goodbye and I leave to store to go back with Marco.

"So I hear you're going to a wedding? Who's getting married?"

"You know the kid who lived across the street from us? Well he's getting married."

"You guys became friends?"

"Yeah, a few years ago. We met up a little while ago and became pretty goo friends. He got really lucky in finding his soon to be wife, they are like peanut butter and jelly."

"Well good for that guy. Tell him my congrats for me."

"I will do so."

"So how about that coffee?"

"Yes, I know the perfect place, it's just up the street."

_____

We spoke for hours catching up, and does he have stories to tell of his adventures to when he left to be a pirate. I told him what was going on with my life, even though there's isn't much and as extravagant as his, there's still some news. We didn't just talk about the past, but some stuff going on right now and how their going and pretty much random things as well, like normal people do.

But I will say, ever since I got to meet Marco again, about every so week he would come by and visit and we'd talk. Everyday that he came was one of the most exciting days of my life. He came by so often that I would look forward to when he would arrive.

We'd chat and do random things together, just like old times, but as adults. But through the months I started to get some butterflies in my stomach every time he was near me, and some touches that he would do felt slightly different like it would set my skin on fire. I started to get romantic feelings for him and I couldn't stop it. 

I have noticed that he would take some longer stays, like instead of one or two days, it would become four days, to then six days and six became a week. He would stay longer for me. That definitely did not help my already blooming love for him, but I did understand that he would get busy with being a pirate and all. 

But one day, after a giant war that happened with the navy and a bunch of pirates, that does include the whitebeard pirates, Whitebeard himself passed away. I could feel how terrible Marco must feel and on top of that the passing of a important friend as well. My heart could feel how much dread and pain he must be feeling. 

So when he came to visit, he stayed for a long time and I wanted to be with him for every second. He was in so much pain that I can understand how unbearable it must feel, but alas he needed to lead the whole crew and take over as captain. so after a month of pain and agony, he left once again.

He always came back though, and after the third time of going back as a pirate but as a captain, I told him how I felt. I was so nervous, but I shouldn't have been, because that's when we became a couple. It was such a happy time in my life.

He still left with his crew to go onward with their journey, it fluctuated on how long he would be gone, but it didn't matter as he would tell me everything that happened on his journey and it was so fascinating that it almost made me want to go with him and one day I decided that it was time, I wanted to join him with his adventures.

Of course he didn't like the idea of me being with him on his journeys as he was worried that I would get hurt, but after a lot of convincing, I got to go with him.

Instead of him going on adventure's and telling me all about them when he came back, it would be an adventure that we did together with his amazing crew and we got to tell the stories to other folks.

END.