USA Thanks giving Special!

Portgas D. Ace

~{You're point of view}~

I sigh after a long day's of work I was able to cook all the food I wanted to do for the festivities for today, as today is Thanks giving or Turkey day! And I was in charge with cooking this year! With obviously Thatch's help in the kitchen, if not, it would probably be a complete disaster.

This was my first time having Thanks' giving with Ace's family this year and Ace has been trying to warn me for a lot of things that were about to happen during diner. For example, Luffy eating all the food (I mean that's expected by now), Having really awkward conversations that Pop's will bring up, a lot of bickering from everyone, teasing, a lot of it, and more. 

Adding the final touches to the decorations in the dining room like, adding the cutlery, the table cloth, the plates and the rest of the food onto the table for everyone to dive into. 

I'm glad that I was able to prepare everything in time, because now Luffy seems to have smelled the food and came rushing over here to eat it all up. With Luffy running to the dining room, we have also Ace, Sabo, and Marco rushing after Luffy, trying to hold him before he decides to eat everything that me and Thatch prepared all day. 

I was quite funny to watch, but not so funny as you're actually trying to stop this chaotic child, as Ace yelled at me to take hold of Luffy before he can even sit at the table. In which I do get him as he's charging at me, but I wasn't able to hold him for that much longer, but because I was able to hold Luffy in my arms for a little while, Ace and the other's were able to catch up and hold him down. Which makes Luffy whine that he can't get the food yet.

We wait for the other's to come in and sit at the table, till we then eat the food. With White beard at the end of the table and Marco on his right and Ace on his left, I am sitting beside Ace, then Sabo, then Luffy and on the other side we got Thatch beside Marco. That's how it went, and boy was there bickering around the table. I was quite hilarious to listen to, because most of it was pretty petty.

There would even be little fights on who gets the last piece of one of the foods that was displayed to be eaten. Mostly Luffy an Ace though. Jokes would be told, songs would be sung, some really interesting conversations would be told, adventures would be told as well, and many more.

I mean Ace like always, would fall asleep while eating and his head would plot right into his food while snoring. I mean It was funny and all but we did need to help him not suffocate from the food.

This went on for quite a while, until Pops' decided to ask something to me and Ace that got a little awkward. Since me and Ace has been dating for a little while, Pops' decided to ask us about the future. Well of course me and Ace both look at each other not knowing how to answer such a question. I mean I do want to marry this dumbass, but we sure aren't ready yet, I mean we are just young adults here. 

With how silent me and Ace are and how embarrassed we are, White beard laughs it off and says that we don't need to worry such things yet, as we're still young. More like he was wondering if we did have plans. Jerk.

Then came dessert time, which was pumpkin pie Thatch and I made three just incase we needed more for everyone. In all honesty the pie rocked, it tasted so good. No one truly spoke while eating the pie, because it was just so fricking good. 

Of course Luffy and Ace were fighting for the last piece and Sabo trying to stop the two knuckleheads to settle down, while Marco and White beard laughing at the ruckus. Luffy wins the match and running away with the pie, Ace not having any of it, runs after him in fury. 

And what do I do, during the whole situation? I laugh my head off and enjoying my time with my new 'family'. 

-"Welcome to the family, (y/n). I'm glad you're in it." Pops' says with a big grin on his face. Of course I return the smile.

-End-

~~~~

Hello! I hope the people in the US are enjoying their Thanks' giving with their family or loved ones. Please enjoy this quick one-shot and have lots of fun! 

I decided to post this chapter a day early as I found it easier. So happy early Thanks' Giving?

-Rin