~XIV : Ace~

You were silently resting you're eyes while lying on the couch. Not wanting to be disturbed when the manor was finally this quiet. Heck you can't think you can remember the last time it was this quiet. Not a sound nor a soul could be heard in these walls. No one else but you were here and it was your alone time. 

It was peaceful at first until someone decided to be annoying and bother you're peaceful nap by brushing a feather under your nose. A classic Ace move. 

Your brows furrow at the action, not wanting the moment to be over, you decide to roll over and show your back towards him.

Ace took you turning your back towards him as more of an opportunity than a warning and decided to tickle me. So much for your nap.

"Ace!" you say between my giggles. "Stop!"

Once he heard the word, he stopped his tickles and giving you a big grin spreading across his face.

"Good afternoon, sleeping beauty."

"It was just a nap" you grumble as you get up from my lying position.

"Mhm. Anyways, we're going to a wedding." 

"A wedding?! For who? When?!"

"Whoa. Slow down, princess. The wedding's going to be in three months from now and it's the wedding of an old friend of mine and the other's."

"So why am I coming? I don't know who this person is." His smile grows wider, almost an evil smirk plastered on his face.

"You're my plus one." he whispers.

"You're plus one?" 

"Yep."

"Why me?"

"Why not?"

"Shouldn't you bring someone you're more romantically interested in?"

"I am." When those words comes out of his mouth my whole body freezes. Now that's a unique way to confess and a stupid way if it backfires.

"Well you're lucky I feel the same way."

"I already knew. Just wanted to see how long you'd last."

"And?"

"You surprised me. Also made me loose my bet with gramps."

"You betted on me? Really."

"Yep. So I finally decided to ask you out. It has gone too long." His smile grows even wider, but this time it was cute. You could see the blush creep it's way through his cheeks showing his embarrassment. Cute.

"Actually it took a lot of convincing from us for him to finally confess!" Sabo yells from outside.

"HEY! YOU PROMISSED YOU WOULDN'T SAY ANYTHING!" Ace yells back, blushing hard. All you could do was giggle at the situation.

END

~~~~

This is now done and I can finally go to the other fanfiction and finally writing some of your requests! See you soon!

-Rin :)