The Ice Storm

✿

Thanksgiving is for family and friends.

Instead of carrying around that sentiment, Mickey is making it to her mission to get away from majority of her family. With her father moving back in and being the new mayor—due to running unopposed—the environment at home has been insufferable. There's no way she can make it through an entire dinner with them, so she's opted to go to Stonewall Prep.

Hiram walks into the Mickey's room to see both of his daughters getting ready for their day. "You were missed this morning."

From Mickey's window seat, Veronica looks to their father. Sarcastically, she asks, "Oh, wait, was your inauguration today?"

Hiram chuckles. "Well, you two can make it up to me tomorrow night. I made reservations at the Sweetwater Country Club for Thanksgiving."

Mickey pulls on her jacket, finally acknowledging her father's presence. "I have plans with Jughead. And quite frankly, I don't want to be around you guys."

"And I'm helping Archie at the community center," Veronica fills him in.

"Yeah, Archie's community center...." Hiram quirks an eyebrow, "Wasn't a man found bleeding out, on the verge of death, right in front of it? Just terrible what's going on in that part of town. It's a real problem. Well..make sure you wish Archie and Jughead a very happy Thanksgiving for me."

That afternoon, Veronica is watching Mickey pack her weekend bag. She pouts, "I don't wanna spend the holiday apart. Are you even gonna make it? With this biblical ice storm they're predicting?"

"Your sister's right," Jughead says on the phone. He's on speaker. "It's gonna get pretty bad."

Mickey moves around her room, continuing to packing everything and anything she might need this week. "Jug, I don't care what the weatherman or my crazy parents are saying. There's zero chance that I'm not seeing you this weekend."

"Well, then hurry up and get here already!" he jokingly shouts. He's really excited to have her all to himself. "I need your help with something."

"Ew!" Veronica's nose crinkles. "I'm still in the room and you're still on speaker, Jones."

Mickey laughs at her sister. "He's talking about his Baxter Brothers sample. It's an assignment," she explains. "Speaking of..." Mickey grabs the books off of her desk. She's read this batch and needs to give them back to Jughead.

"Well, I am on a deadline and that's the reason I'm hunkering down, but also, considering you and I are going to be the only ones on campus, I figured it would be the perfect time to do a little sleuthing into Chipping's death," he begins to whisper. "Because believe me, no one else is doing it."