To Riverdale and Back Again

"Don't walk away

"Don't walk away. You can't run from this."

Mickey dreaded going to school every day this week ever since Jughead's birthday party and the morning after. She just wishes she could forget the whole weekend. She's been doing her best to stay under the radar. At school, she's been hiding out in the library during all of her free time.

Veronica always keeps her up to date with the latest since she's noticed her sister's absence. She slides into the seat next to Mickey at their dining room table. "We never spoke about what Cheryl said at Jughead's party." There goes pretending the party never happened. "Have you been hooking up with Betty's boyfriend?"

Mickey scowls at her sister. "Veronica, you know I would never."

Veronica looks at her curiously. "Do I? I know that when you want something, you get it, no matter what. No matter who stands in between."

"Then I guess you don't know me as well as either of us thought."

"Did you kiss him?"

"No," she lies. The kiss at the drive-in is irrelevant at this point. Betty and Jughead weren't a couple at the time. Plus, it's no one's business.

"I really don't see the appeal to this Jones boy, but," Veronica rubs her temple, "Betty is falling for Jughead, so don't do anything to mess that up or that I could potentially be put in the middle of."

"God forbid you had to choose between me and a girl you've only known for five months. How stupid was I to think you could be my sister for five minutes instead of Betty's B-F-F."

"Ever since we moved here, you've changed and I don't like it. You never used to keep secrets from me. Not really. You didn't even tell me something happened between you and Archie."

"Nothing really happened. Nothing interesting," Mickey states. "And you didn't tell me you spent the night with Archie."

"You spent a lot of nights with him," she retorts. Veronica looks at her sister with betrayal in her eyes.

Mickey stops responding because she doesn't want to say anything too mean. This is why she can't talk to her sister sometimes about anything real.

Hermione walks in and breaks the silence in the room. "I just got incredible news from Paul, the lawyer. Turns out, our statements did make a difference and the judge seems inclined to give your father a break."

"How much of a break?" Veronica questions.

"Time served. A few more months, if that," Hermione gloats.