Survive the Night

✿

"How was your meeting with your lawyer?"

Mickey leans back in her seat, smiling. "Veronica and I got the speakeasy and diner back—with our mother having fifty percent, of course. It's better than not owning it at all. The best part is that Archie gets to keep the gym." Her smile falls, "How about you? I know the last few days have been chaotic."

Jughead snatches his beanie off of his head and uses his other hand to rake through his dark hair. "I refuse to accept what Ethel said. Jason Blossom isn't the Gargoyle King."

"But his coffin..."

"We saw the video, Mick. Ethel and the lady who claimed to see Jason with his mother are mistaken."

Mickey senses the frustration oozing out of him and gets up from their booth. "I'm gonna get us some milkshakes." She touches his shoulder as she walks away. Once around the counter and at the milkshake machine, Mickey notices something sticking out from under the register. She pulls the thick pieces of paper out and sees her name on one and Veronica's on the other.

Jughead turns to see her walking back over to him without the milkshakes, but sits up when he sees the look on her face. "Mick—"

"I found these under the register," she holds up the folded, dark green notes. She slips back into her seat.

He reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a similar note—with his name on it. "I found this earlier at my trailer, but I thought it was just something stupid." He would've opened it at some point tonight, but the earlier hours have kept him preoccupied.

The two of them unfold the notes and read them silently.

"I have to call Veronica," she states.

Jughead already has his phone out. "If she got one, I'm assuming so did Archie. I'll call him."

It's not long until Archie and Veronica join Jughead and Mickey at the diner.

"Someone left mine at the door," Archie sets his invitation down in the middle of the the table with the others.

"Mine, too," Jughead tells him. "My dad or Jellybean could have found it."

"Are we sure they're not fakes?"

Jughead says, "I don't think so."

"I've tried Betty a bunch of times," Veronica informs them. "She's not answering."

Mickey sighs. "Well, we can't bring our phones and we aren't supposed to tell anyone about where we're going."

"So it's a trap."

Jughead frowns. "Was there ever a doubt? We don't really have a choice. We're going to a dinner party."