Quiz Show

"That could be true, but you have to make sure everyone involved is okay with that

"That could be true, but you have to make sure everyone involved is okay with that."

The Quiz Show is happening this week and everyone's got the hots for it—except Jughead and Mickey. After Stonewall beat Riverdale High at the state finals, Betty made it her mission to beat Bret and the preppies at something—hence the game show.

The fact that Mickey's already been accepted to NYU means she doesn't need anymore extracurriculars. She can steamroll through the rest of the school year and visit Jughead at school more.

Speaking of...Mickey is lying in his bed in his dorm.

Jughead wipes the sweat off of his forehead before turning to her. He grins. "Thank God Bret's preparing for the quiz show." He starts combing through her hair with his fingers.

She groans, "Jug, do not mention him right now and ruin this moment." Then she looks at him, "Why are you smiling?"

"Just...everything. You're here, I turned in my draft for the Baxter Brothers book. And Yale said—"

"Yale said what?" Mickey sits up and looks down at him. She rests her hand on his chest. "Jug," she deadpans. "Did you get accepted into Yale and not tell me?"

Now he's really smiling. "I think I did."

"Wow."

"This is okay, right?"

Mickey smiles, "Duh. I'm just realizing how lucky we are. Yale's a three hour train ride away from NYU."

"You googled it?" This fills him with a different kind of warmth.

"Of course I did. We're in it for the long haul, aren't we?" She says, "I'm so happy for you, Jug. And so, so, so proud."

"You're gonna make me blush," he says sheepishly. "Stop complimenting me."

"Fine." Mickey moves to straddle him. "Let me show you then."

"Dr. Beaker, as our chemistry teacher, we are hoping you have the skill set to help us with something of a personal nature."

Cheryl and Mickey have convened in the chemistry classroom during free period to talk to one of the teachers.

Mickey questions him, "Are you a rum drinker, Dr. Beaker?"

Dr. Beaker pushes his glasses up his nose, "Uh, not during school hours and never with students."

Cheryl rolls her eyes, "Ugh, calm down, Dr. Egghead." Then her sweet voice returns, "We're simply asking you to analyze our maple-based concoction to ensure that our recipe is different enough from Lodge Rum."