Blue Collar

✿

Mickey has been in social isolation for almost a week. She's been trying to pinpoint the moment this all started.

It hasn't been hard because she knew it had something to do with Percival, so she only had to map out moments she was around him or when he's done something to her.

It came to her pretty easily. The whole library situation was a whirlwind, but that was the situation that allowed him access to her. He gave her flowers that she smelled. Something must've been in them. After that, she can think of several instances where people have acted strangely around her.

In every instance, she's around someone and they start divulging things they shouldn't, making passes at her, or wanting to please her.

There was the time that Jughead said he couldn't fall out of love with her. That should've been obvious because Jughead wouldn't just say that. Not when he's totally in love with Tabitha. Then he said the thing about Mickey and Tabitha. There's also Tabitha making a pass and mentioning a kiss, which is not something Tabitha would ever say because she's not forward like that. The next example are the workers from the diner. They had every intention on joining Percival's crew, but all Mickey had to do was ask them to stay and they flipped their switch. Mickey can't help but to think of Toni's confession about marrying Fangs to enhance their image in court.

It's as if all of people's inhibitions fall when Mickey's around.

One other thing she's noticed is that her power creates this glow around people. It's a pinkish color.

Now, Mickey's just about to enter a Chinese restaurant to get takeout when she runs into a familiar face. "You."

"You," Jillian grins. "I was wondering if I'd run into you again." She gestures to the restaurant, "Are you having lunch here?"

"I'm just picking up something."

Jillian grabs her hand and pulls Mickey into the restaurant behind her. "Let's have lunch." She is definitely a get-what-she-wants kind of girl.

Soon enough, Mickey is sitting at a table across from Jillian. She takes a sip of the water the waiter has poured for her. "You were supposed to be leaving town," she recalls.

"I'm still helping a colleague with something." She leans against the table, checking to make sure no one is in listening distance. "I could use another distraction."

Mickey sighs when the pink glow starts to spread around Jillian. "Honestly, I don't think we should do that again. I needed it at the time, if I'm being honest. I was celibate for a really long time, but somehow it felt like I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing," she rambles. It's as if two days of silence is making her spill her guts. "I'm dealing with some stuff right now and sex just wouldn't feel right."

Jillian nods. "I'm sorry I asked." The pink glow around her dissipates. "I don't want any baggage."

Mickey squints her eyes out of confusion. It's only when the glow is gone that people don't say whatever's on their minds.

"Anyways, what are you ordering?"

Maybe being honest with people—the way Mickey just was with Jillian—is the way to keep others' inhibitions in tact.

Something else clicks for Mickey. Maybe being honest around the people she's near keeps them from divulging, keeping their inhibitions in tact.

Another thought strikes her. This means she can't be around Tabitha or Jughead. They're the people she struggles to be honest with the most.

It's becoming very clear that the pink glow doesn't mean romantic love. The workers weren't in love with Mickey. Jillian's not in love with her. They lust for Mickey though. Toni also isn't in love with Mickey, but the love between them is platonic and is very strong. All types of love and lust are in the same ballpark.

Now, all Mickey needs to do is find a balance with her power. She must release any restrictions she has herself, and then everyone can remain normal with her.

It should be a piece of cake.

a/n: this is just a chapter to explain Mickey's powers. Basically being around her releases any inhibitions. People say or do things around her they wouldn't usually say or do.
The only "control" Mickey has over the power is by saying and doing things she wouldn't normally do to balance it out. The more honest she is, the more someone else can keep their inhibitions up.
Also the pink glow is for someone who loves—and remember the different types of love—or is attracted to Mickey.

idk if I like this but here we go lol