The Last Picture Show

"I don't

"I don't. I mean...I don't know. He's not all bad. You know! You are his friend."

"The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale." Jughead stares out the window in Pop's from their booth. He uses his hands as he talks, "No, forget Riverdale. In the coffin of the American dream. As the godfather of-of Indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say—"

"Please, God, no more Quentin Tarantino references," Kevin begs. He will literally lose all sanity.

Mickey snorts.

"What? I'm pissed." Jughead glances over at Betty, who is staring blankly and not touching her strawberry milkshake. Then he continues, "And it's not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it."

Veronica rests her hand on the middle of the table. "In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean, who even goes there?"

"People who want to buy crack," Kevin says seriously to Veronica.

"Romantics," Mickey says cheekily.

"And cinephiles, and car enthusiasts. Right, Bets?" Jughead looks at Betty again.

The preoccupied blonde snaps out of her trance, "Totally." Her thoughts have just been wrecked with the revelation about Archie and Ms. Grundy.

"Anyway, it's closing because the town owns it, but didn't invest in it. So when an anonymous buyer made Mayor McCoy an offer, she couldn't refuse..."

Veronica gives her sister a curious smirk and then sims it at their upset friend. "Anonymous buyer? What do they have to hide? No one cares."

"I do!" Jughead exclaims. He looks at her like she has no idea what she's talking about. With his scrunched up face, he addsX "Also, you guys should all come to closing night. I'm thinking American Graffiti...or is that too obvious?"

"I vote for anything starring Audrey Hepburn. Or Cate Blanchett," Veronica suggests.

"Something from the Brat Pack would make my night." Rob Lowe, Emilio Estevez, Molly Ringwald, and Demi Moore all have a special place in Mickey's heart.

Kevin nods in agreement. "Or The Talented Mr. Ripley. Betty, your choices?"

Creases form on Veronica's face as she looks at Betty with concern. "Everything okay, Bee?"