The Pussycats

"It's baby time

"It's baby time. Let's go."

The Whyte Wyrm is electric tonight when Mickey steps into it. From the buzz of the crowd to the music playing on the stereo—it's a good night for the bar. It's most definitely because of Josie and the Pussycats making their musical return. Mickey's a little sad she came too late to see the live performance, but she is happy to see her friends. She was also happy to dress up for the evening.

"Look who's here!" Fangs embraces Mickey with a tight hug. He knows how it's been a rocky time for her, but he's glad she came out tonight.

Mickey sits between Toni and Veronica, looking over her friend's protruding belly with pity. "You're, what, a week overdue? Should you be out partying?"

Toni rubs her belly. "I'm hoping that being outside and walking around will induce this little one to come out. Sooner rather than later because I'm exhausted!"

She laughs, but stops when she sees Sweet Pea. "I am not surprised to see you here tonight. I'm just wondering why you're not in the front row, considering you never got over Josie." She's only teasing.

Sweet Pea smirks and leans closer to her to say, "Well, I got under her a little last night, so I'll be fine back here with you guys for now."

Then Toni starts shifting in her seat and taking very deep, dramatic breaths. Fangs looks at her alarmingly, "Toni? Everything okay?"

"I think I'm having my baby," she announces. Toni's thankful when Mickey and Fangs are on each side of her within a second because they help her get up from her chair.

"Oh, crap!" Cheryl stands from her seat as well, "Um, okay. Uh, is there a doctor in the house?"

Dr. Curdle, in his Josie merch, raises his hand, "I'm a doctor."

Fangs shakes his head, "It's okay. I can do it. We prepared for a home birth, I just need another pair of hands." He glances at Mickey with pleading eyes.

"Of course I'll do it," Mickey says without any hesitation. "It's baby time. Let's go. Go, go, go!"

The next afternoon, Mickey walks into Toni's bedroom to see her in bed with the baby lying on her chest. "Oh my God. This is so incredible."

Fangs sits beside Toni to peer at his son, "We named him Anthony."

"After my grandfather," Toni smiles down at her baby. "'Tony' for short. I still can't believe I gave birth to my baby in the diner." It's been a crazy night and day. She's so grateful to have had Fangs by her side the entire time. It's the same with Mickey, who hasn't left yet.

"I can't believe I helped deliver your baby in the diner," Mickey retorts. She catches them glance at each other and asks, "What?"

Fangs takes the baby from Toni carefully and stands up to go over to Mickey. He puts the baby into her arms, "We'd like for you to be baby Tony's godmother."

Toni notices Mickey's nose scrunch up, which it usually does when she's about to start crying. She points to her, "Don't start crying or I'll start crying because my hormones are all out of whack!"

"Aw!" Fangs looks between the two girls. "I love you guys!"