The Town That Dreaded Sundown

"All right

"All right. Let's go back to the basics. What do we know about this guy? Who is he?"

A town meeting had been set by Mayor McCoy. Terror was seeping into the bedrock of Riverdale. Riverdale officially had its own serial killer. Their own Michael Myers or Axeman. Everyone thought they could be next. People were afraid to walk the streets alone, especially as the sky darkened. Shops closed early, locks were added to doors, suspicions between the North and South sides deepened—with the help of Mrs. Cooper and her articles.

"To be honest, I had no idea what Archie was thinking." Veronica takes a sip of her coffee as if she's categorizing the topic of conversation as meaningless.

Hermione and Hiram thought breakfast would be the right time to confront Veronica about her boyfriend, who seems unhinged. Archie's putting a big target on his back by the killer because of his video.

Mickey made sure to send the video to Fred. He deserves to know what his son is up to and the danger it's putting him in.

Hermione hovers over Veronica. "He didn't say anything to you about this video?" Then she turns to Mickey, "How about you?"

"He's not my boyfriend." Mickey continues to butter her toast.

"And I'm not his keeper," Veronica throws in.

"Basta, mija, this isn't something you should be joking about," Hermione says sternly.

Veronica chuckles. "It's a video, Mom."

"A video that threatens violence against a serial killer," Mickey adds.

"Whose side are you on?"

"Whichever side keeps you safe."

Veronica pouts. "Daddy, can you please tell Mom she's overreacting?"

Hermione gives him a stare that says you better not disagree.

"On this matter, Veronica, I stand with your mother." Mostly, it's really how he feels, but the way Hermione is looking at him wouldn't allow another answer to come out.

"Which means you are done dating Archie Andrews," Hermione declares.

Mickey doesn't hate the idea of Archie and Veronica splitting. Only because she doesn't like her sister being out at risk.

"This isn't Amish country, Mom. I can date who I want to date," Veronica stands. "And I'm not jumping to any conclusions until I hear Archie's side of the story."