The Midnight Club

It has been a weird weekend. Mickey hasn't heard from Jughead—or anyone, really—since Friday. Even Veronica disappeared from the Pembrooke.

Mickey knew something was really wrong when she went to school on Monday and all of her Serpent friends were missing, including Jughead.

She's on her way her English class when she sees Betty standing by the trophy case with two chalices in her hands. "What are those?" Mickey points to the cups. "Have you been playing that game too?"

All anyone has been talking about is the game since the manuals begin popping up all over town. Even when they were confiscated, another one popped up to replace it. It was madness and Mickey has stayed clear from it.

Hermione put a ban on it after explaining how the game links to Ben and Dilton's deaths. Banning it only made people more intrigued.

"No!" Betty's eyes are wide. "I've been finding out the truth from my mother and I think you're going to what to hear it. It—"

"Have you seen Jughead and the rest of the Serpents? They all didn't show up to school today and I thought it was some Serpent thing, but you're here, so...."

"I think I know where to find them."

Mickey steps off the ladder and wipes off her skirt. "I hate that thing," she mutters. She turns to see Jughead and friends further in the bunker at the table—playing Gryphons and Gargoyles.

 She turns to see Jughead and friends further in the bunker at the table—playing Gryphons and Gargoyles

"Jughead, what are you doing?"

"It's all making sense," Jughead stands up abruptly and holds up the game manual. "All of this is becoming clear. The game, the Gargoyle King. I'm on level three and it's only a matter of time before I ascend."

"Jug..." Mickey takes a hesitant step forward. "You've got a crazy look in your eye."

The corners of his mouth curve. "Because I get to meet him!"