House of the Devil

"You look like you need a drink

"You look like you need a drink."

The friend group gather into the Blue & Gold's office because Jughead and Betty asked them to.

Archie is watching Mickey cautiously, like she's a fragile doll that will break into a million pieces. He really wants to talk about what happened when he found her hungover—or still a little drunk.

She subtly shakes her head when she notices him watching her. Then she turns her attention to Betty.

"So the reason we called you guys in here..." Betty looks at Jughead to finish. She's wearing this huge grin, like they just accomplished something major.

"My Dad's getting out of jail," Jughead gives a bashful smile.

Betty links their arms.

Archie and Veronica exchange weird looks

Archie and Veronica exchange weird looks. "Jug, that's-that's great," Archie stutters.

"Yeah," Veronica follows his lead. "What heralded this miracle?"

Mickey already knows why FP is getting out. The Serpent Charmer for FP a deal. Archie told her all about his adventure to Greendale. She still can't believe Archie and Jughead got roped into dealing drugs. She can't share that piece of information with Betty or Veronica though. They'd freak.

"Uh." Jughead lies, "Overcrowding at the jail. I guess the judge reviewed my Dad's case and after Cheryl's testimony, it was a perfect storm."

"Couldn't you have told us this at lunch?" Mickey wants to get straight to the point.

"Mickey means is there anything you need from us?" Veronica nudges her sister with her elbow.

"Both of us," Betty informs. "We have a new lead on the Black Hood case. And Jughead and I, we were wondering if you guys would follow up on it for us. We can give you all of the details, the articles." She places a stack of papers on the desk.

Jughead says, "It's just that I have to be there for my Dad to help with his re-entry, so..."

"Uh, yeah and I'm just I'm taking a break from the Black Hood."