A Night to Remember

"You're enchanting

"You're enchanting."

"Thank God you're here!" Kevin squeezes Mickey's shoulders excitedly.

She cracks a smile. "I told you, anything you need from me to make this play go smoothly, I'm in."

"Which is why I'm thankful that you came up with the idea for your Dad to finance this ordeal."

"But I still have a question," she follows him when he begins walking down the hall. "What am I doing at school so early?"

"You're backup."

Before she can ask him what he means, he slips into the music room. When she steps through the door, she freezes in her spot.

"Hey," Jughead offers a smile.

"Jughead, thank you for meeting me before school," Kevin takes the seat next to Jughead after setting up a video camera to record the interaction.

Jughead sighs. "Look, Kev, I know what you're gonna ask..."

"I'm making a behind-the-scenes documentary following our production of Carrie, The Musical," Kevin hands Jughead the script. "We're going period, seventies glamour, just like the Sissy Spacek movie and I want you to be our videographer." He places his hand on Jughead's shoulder encouragingly.

Jughead gives Mickey an inquiring look before saying, "I'm in." He gives Kevin back his script.

"Really?" Mickey smirks at the two. "That was easy."

Kevin stops the camera from recording and hands it to Jughead. "Let me go before he changes his mind." He scurries out of the music room.

"You're coming around with your school spirit," Mickey jokes as she moves to the chair by him.

Jughead rolls his eyes playfully before pointing the camera at her. "You can be my first interview."

She sits on the arm of the chair. "I'm not even in the play."

"Why is that? You've got a face that screams production."

She takes the camera from him, smirking at their touching fingertips. Then she points it at him. "Why aren't you in the play, Mr. Jones?"

With a smile, he blocks the lens with his hand and takes the camera back. "Okay. What are your expectations for the play?"

"It's a Kevin Keller production, so I expect nothing less than pure gold," she beams about her feverish friend. "Kev will probably make this look like a broadway show."

"What scene are you most excited to see?"

"You can't use this, but I can't wait to see Cheryl Blossom covered in pig's blood. I wonder if he'll let me do the honors."