Fast Times at Riverdale High

"You're late

"You're late."

"Can I say how happy I am to be here?" Mickey falls into Jughead's lap, wrapping one arm over his shoulders.

Veronica gives her sister an incredulous look. "You're happy that summer is over?"

After Fred's funeral, the summer has flew by. All of them have pretty much spent every moment possible together because no one wanted Archie to be alone. They had dinner together at Pop's religiously. It seemed to help Archie. He might not be completely healed, but he's better. Plus, running the gym and boxing with Munroe aka Mad Dog seems to be helping as well.

There's also the pressure coming from Mickey and Veronica's lawyer to pick a side between their parents for their set trial. They sisters have both agreed they want to be like Switzerland, not choosing their mother or their father, and not making any comments to the press—no matter how much Mr. Sowerberry pleaded with them.

"I'm happy that tomorrow is going to feel like a clean slate—a new journey, if you will," Mickey explains.

They've all decided to spend the night at the Pembrooke so they could go to school together. It's their last first day together and they want it to be special.

Betty holds up her flute of champagne in agreement. "Mickey's right. I really can't imagine a better way to spend our last night of summer vacation."

The rest of them follow suit, holding up their glasses of champagne to toast—except Mickey, who has a glass of sparkling cider.

"Isn't it crazy?" Veronica asks from her seat on Archie's lap. "In just nine months, life as we know it will be over. No more high school."

"No more Blue and Gold. No more heart-to-hearts at the lockers."

Veronica pouts, reaching for Betty's hand to hold. "Oh, Bee, don't be sad."

"I'm sorry, guys," Betty uses her free hand to wipe her wet eyes. "I can't help but think life goes by so fast. And none of us are very good at stopping to savor it."

"But tonight, we will be," Jughead declares.

Mickey looks at him surprisingly.

He pecks her on the lips, pulling back with a hint of a smile.

It's not enough for Mickey. She presses their lips together for a passionate kiss. It's made evident by the humming and the smacking of their lips.

Veronica whispers, "I think that's our cue, Archiekins."

Betty clears her throat. "I-I should go." She's been okay with Mickey and Jughead's relationship for a while now, but she can't help feeling awkward at times, especially moments like this.