Epilgoue

i

i. secret's out

Mickey, Tabitha, and Jughead's honeymoon phase was spent in their bubble. They were able to keep things under wraps for a good amount of time. Dates just seemed like three friends hanging out. PDA was kept to a minimum in public besides the occasional squeeze here or there. Tabitha and Jughead could do it with no problem because to everyone, they were in a relationship. No one picked up on Mickey spending most of her time at their apartment, including nights.

It became increasingly hard to keep the secret though. For one, Mickey loved to play with fire. She found the worst times to try to compromise their secret. It gave her a thrill to touch Jughead and Tabitha when she thought it could get them caught. There was that time at Betty and Archie's engagement party/barbecue. Everyone was outside enjoying the sun, the food, the drinks, and the company, but the trio was in the hall by the stairs—and Mickey's hands were busy. If Tabitha hadn't been on high alert, Cheryl would've walked right in on them.

Another thing that put their secret at risk was their chemistry. It was impossible not to pick up on. Anyone with their senses was aware of the bond between the trio. The three of them were always in their own little world. Even around others, there was whispering and giggling and stolen glances. Whenever there was one, the other two were close by. Their chemistry rolled off of them and suffocated everyone else sometimes.

Toni was the first to have her suspicions obviously, and she was the first to get confirmation. One morning, she showed up at Mickey's apartment because she felt like it had been too long since they've spent any time together. Instead of Mickey answering the door, Jughead did—in his boxers and tee with very messy hair. Jughead thought it was their food delivery, so he couldn't mask his shock when he came face to face with Toni, who picked up on the caught with the hand in the cookie jar look on his face.

"What're you doing?" Toni asks once her and Mickey are alone in the kitchen.

Mickey's brows furrow, "Isn't it obvious?"

Toni scoffs. "Mick!" she chides. "You slept with them?!" She never thought anything would go past flirtation, but clearly they've all crossed that line. "How many times?"

"A few times, but—"

"This is a bad idea," Toni deadpans. "You are setting yourself up to get hurt. Jughead and Tabitha are together. What happens when they don't want to sleep with you anymore? You think any of you will be able to go back to being just friends? You're not thinking."

Mickey throws her hands up in exasperation, "Maybe I don't want to think! And it's not just sex. I love them and they love me."

"Did they say that?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

"We're trying this poly thing out and I'd really like my best friend to be supportive because this is the happiest I've ever been. It all makes sense now. It was always supposed to be like this."