There Will Be Blood

"That was cold, Archie

"That was cold, Archie."

Fred's truck is parked in front of the Pembrooke, reminding Mickey of the dinner her parents had planned with the Andrews. The dinner that she's missing.

Quickly, she gets into her building and into the elevator, riding up to her floor. She sighs in dried when she walks into the dining room, which is completely absent of adults. "How was dinner?" Mickey stands at the end of the table.

Archie says, "Lots of reminiscing. Our parents were wild."

"That's hard to believe."

"What are they talking about in there, do you reckon?" Archie asks.

Veronica moves to stand behind Archie, who is sitting down in a chair. "So, between us, the deputy mayor who took over for Josie's mom is on the verge of stepping down." She begins massaging his shoulders. "There's gonna be a special election and my parents think your Dad would make an ideal candidate."

"They want my Dad to run for mayor?"

According to Hermione, Fred used to be interested in the idea of helping Riverdale evolve by being Mayor. It was a long time dream and, to Hiram and Hermione, he is the perfect candidate because the people of Riverdale love and trust him. It would be good for them parents because having a friend in the office could be very beneficial.

"It's business and politics, Archie. They go hand in hand." Mickey takes an apple out of the bowl sitting in the center of the table.

"Why did you miss dinner?" Veronica asks.

"I had to do something," she shrugs. "And I'm exhausted. I think I'll call it. Night, you two."

"I put the odds of Fred saying yes at about fifty-fifty," Hiram unfolds his napkin on to his lap the next morning.

Hermione nods and looks at Veronica, "As always, mija, anything you can whisper in Archie's ear?"

Veronica'a facial features cloud with disbelief. "Mom, he's my boyfriend, not a constituent."

"Isn't that considered prostitution?" Mickey jokes as she picks at her strawberries. "It's like you're pimping out your own daughter."

Hermione grimaces at the comment and chides, "Mickey."

"Veronica, you influence Archie and Archie influences Fred, and we need Fred right now," Hiram explains. "It's that simple. No pimping."

"When we announce our bigger plans—"

"It'd sound better coming out of his well-respected, well-liked mouth," Hiram finishes for his wife.

"Fine," Veronica sits back. "I'll do my best."

"Mickey, we'd like for you to show Fred your support too," Hermione's brown eyes dart back to her other daughter. "You two have always been close acquaintances."