Graduation

"Come with me to New York for the summer

"Come with me to New York for the summer."

"I guess we think the same."

Mickey turns away from the edge of the school's roof to see Jughead by the door. They've only been up here a handful of times together, but it's the only place she could truly be alone tonight. Or so she thought.

Jughead asks, "What're you doing here?"

"Just taking it all in." She watches him move to stand beside her. "You?"

"Well I just found out my sister was the Auteur."

Disbelief takes over her facial expression. "JB's the one who has been sending out the creepy tapes? Why would she do something like that?"

He sighs deeply. "She thought by creating a new mystery, I would be forced to stay in Riverdale."

"Are you blaming yourself?" She knows he is.

"How can I not? I was the one that convinced her to move out here away from everything she ever knew. And then I ignored her."

"You were in the fight of your life at Stonewall Prep. JB is tough. She'll get through this."

Jughead nods. "I know she will. Alice is looking for therapists for her. In Ohio."

"Your dad is sending her back to Toledo?"

"Yes, but he's going with her. He wants to get her out of here before this town completely ruins her. I guess you had the right idea about running out of here right after graduation." He chuckles a bit to lighten the mood, but it fails. "This was supposed to be a happy time. For me and my family. Instead I'm dealing with a major family crisis and a breakup."

She doesn't say anything because she doesn't know what she can say to be comforting.

"You know, I got accepted into Iowa officially."

"That's great, Jug. I knew you would."

He's taken by surprise when she wraps her arms around him. His arms are around her right after and he hugs her tightly. A part of him doesn't want to let go, but when she pulls away, so does he.

For a moment, their eyes remain locked. Mickey swears she can feel that magnetic pull between them, so she says, "I should go. I have a lot of packing to do."

For the last day of high school, Mr. Weatherbee has left a capsule in the student lounge for viewing. It belonged to the first graduating class of Riverdale High. The idea is for the senior to observe and and get ideas for their own capsule.