A Touch of Evil

"Are you done with your bitch fit?"

On Monday morning, Jughead spots Mickey walking up the Riverdale High steps. He greets her outside of the entrance doors, "Hey! How was your weekend?"

"Other than the obvious," she's referring to the dead teen found in the river, "it was painfully boring."

"How was the dance?"

"I'm sure it was eventful. Veronica gave me an earful." She says, "I would've gone, but no one interesting went." After he dismissed the idea of him being seen at a dance, Mickey didn't feel the urge to go either. "Betty and Archie are Veronica's friends. I didn't want to be glued to them." After the drama that went on between Archie, Veronica, and Betty, she knows she made the right decision not going. "Veronica was pretty pissed."

Jughead holds the door open for her. "Do you guys fight a lot?"

Mickey laughs softly, "Do we? I love my sister and I'd do anything for her, but things happen that force people to change. In New York, I wasn't a person to be proud of. I'm using our move to Riverdale as an opportunity. I don't ever want to be that person again."

"What were you like?" Then he says, "If that's too personal then—"

"It's fine," she cuts him off. "I was the classic rich bitch. Ronnie and I together was like a tornado. I think I was trying too hard to be a certain way. Now, I don't mind not being in the spotlight."

He nudges her, "You still dress like Richie Rich. It's gonna be hard for you not to be in the spotlight."

"Wow. You managed to be nice for two minutes."

The two of them walk down the halls together, like they're old friends who have known each other for longer than a few days.

Then they begin to talk about Jason Blossom, someone whose death seemed to impact everyone in Riverdale.

"I mean, New York was crazy, but dead teenagers in bodies of water? I didn't think your town had it in them." Mickey never expected boring old Riverdale to be in the middle of a murder investigation. The town is so small, everyone could be a suspect for shooting him in the head.

Jughead says, "I think everyone's surprised because Cheryl said he drowned."

"It's very suspicious. Why would she say her brother drowned if it's not true? And who shot him? It seems like everyone looked up to him in this town."