The Watcher in the Woods

"I'm with Jughead

"I'm with Jughead. This guy is dangerous and you're more concerned about a rigged dating show."

Mickey walks out of her bedroom to find her sister and mother standing outside of Hiram's study.

"Oh, I can take that in to Daddy," Veronica reaches for the cup of coffee in their mother's hands. "I wanna ask him something, anyway."

"Your father and I have business to discuss," Hermione keeps hold on the cup. "You know the rules about his study."

"Mom, those were the old rules."

"Which still apply, Veronica."

Hiram comes out of his study, "I thought I heard my two palomitas out here chirping." He acknowledges Mickey's presence by kissing the top of her head. "Is that my café con leche?" He takes the cup from his wife, "Thank you, corazón."

"Daddy, tonight's the season premiere of The Matchlerette," Veronica informs him. "I would love to have my friends over."

"Who exactly are these friends?"

"Inner circle only."

"Does that include Jughead?" Mickey asks nonchalantly.

Veronica gives her a duh-look. "He is my best friend's boyfriend." She turns her attention back to their father and adds, "You can watch with us. They're dying to meet you."

"They're welcome to come over, mija," Hiram tells her.

"Thank you, Daddy," she kisses his cheek.

"It was full-on Carrie," Kevin retells his story for his friends who haven't heard it. "Midge covered in Moose's blood, screaming like a banshee. It was insane."

Late last night, Moose and Midge were at Lovers' Lane and Moose was shot several times. In a horrible twist of fate, Kevin was nearby and heard it all.

Archie appears behind all of his friends. "Kev, what were you even doing there? You could've been shot, too."

"I was just...night-jogging, you know, as one does, and suddenly, I hear gunshots."

Archie sits down and asks, "Can we agree there's a killer on the loose?"

"With terrible aim," Jughead comments.