Primary Colors

"Because I'll make up excuses to justify the way you act—and the way we act—and we'll be in this cycle forever

"Because I'll make up excuses to justify the way you act—and the way we act—and we'll be in this cycle forever."

Hal Cooper presses the start button on his recorder to start the interview with Hermione. "Now, for our Register readers, why would you, Hermione Lodge, run for Mayor of Riverdale?" He crosses his leg over the other to lean his writing pad on his knee.

"Every year, our population decreases. More and more businesses close. We're at a deficit. We need to change that equation before it's too late."

Hal writes something down happily.

Hermione continues, "That is why Lodge Industries has secured a bid for a maximum security prison on the Southside. Now, that means jobs, economic growth, stability. It'll give Riverdale its future back."

"You know, I have to ask," Hal stops her. "You're building a prison on the bones of a school. Are you okay with that?"

"Losing a school is a tough pill to swallow, but once our correctional facility is up and running, a quarter of our earnings are gonna be funneled directly into education. We are building a brand new wing at Riverdale High." That's one of Hermione's best qualities. She knows how to flip situations into her favor like it's her job.

Hal turns to the three teens on the couch, but focuses on one. "And Mickey, are you gonna follow in your mother's footsteps and run for Student Body President in the upcoming election?"

Mickey smirks at the thought. "That's more of my sister's thing."

"Maybe," Veronica shrugs her shoulders coyly. "If I don't have my hands full, campaigning for my mom. I'm excited to show Riverdale that she's more than just a housewife."

"And speaking of housewives. We have a very special guest. Bravo's very own Andy Cohen," Hal announces.

Kevin squeezes Mickey's wrist subtly, but the grip elicits his excitement.

"Mr. Cohen, what brings you to Riverdale?"

Andy stands by Hermione's side and holds her hand as a greeting. "I'm here to endorse my great friend, Hermione Lodge. She's a very savvy businesswoman. She's always three steps ahead of everyone around her. She's a fighter too. She doesn't give up. I'll love to have her in my corner."

The adults finish up the interview for The Register with a few more questions mixed with a few laughs in between. Afterwards, Kevin takes his chance to meet one of his favorite celebrities.

Mickey stands beside her mother and sister, watching Hal snap pictures of Kevin and Andy.

"Kevin just died and went to clubhouse heaven," Veronica says happily.

"Especially after what he's going through with his dad," Mickey adds. "Thank you for letting us invite him today, Mom."

"Of course," Hermione nods. "Any and all good will during this election will go a long way." She inhales sharply and moves to stand in front of Veronica and Mickey. "Girls, this campaign isn't gonna be easy. Especially since we had to lead with your father's plans for the prison. Certain people in town and in school are gonna see us as the enemy. So after the celebrity endorsement, let's keep our heads down and let the storm pass. Understand?" She looks at Mickey for confirmation.