The Wrestler

"Honestly? When you joined the Serpents, it was to create peace

"Honestly? When you joined the Serpents, it was to create peace. Not whatever this is."

"The students we transferred to Riverdale High are fine," Mayor McCoy says, "but their parents are in my office, every day, wanting me to reopen Southside High."

It's been a week since some of Southside's finest transferred to Riverdale High. Things seemed to be settling down and everyone was going on about their lives just in time for Pickens day, which is a big deal in Riverdale.

Mickey and Veronica sit together, listening in on the business meeting between the adults. Neither of them understand why they had to have the meeting at such a late hour.

Hiram clears his throat. "Which is why we've been discussing how our new neighborhood could use something positive to focus on."

"With your blessing," Hermione adds, "we'd like to make Pickens Day bigger, more of a celebratory event."

"Sponsored by Lodge Industries."

"And Andrews Construction co-sponsoring," Fred pitches. The meeting has mostly been between Hiram, Hermione and the Mayor. Fred's just been listening from the side. The same for Sheriff Keller, who hasn't said a single word since he walked through the front doors.

"You mean you wanna turn Pickens Day into a commercial for your SoDale project like your open house?" Mayor McCoy asks with a snarky tone.

Veronica engages, "Au contraire, Madam Mayor.
The open house was for investors, but this event would be for North and Southsiders alike. Two halves of a whole coming together—"

Mayor McCoy cuts Veronica off, "And trying to distract people with a party? What if it backfires and things get violent? No." She looks irritated the moment Veronica speaks up. She looks at the Sheriff—her boyfriend—for back up.

Sheriff Keller inquires, "What about the Serpents? They've been quiet lately, but they're wild cards and they could cause trouble."

"Luckily, my parents thought of that," Mickey brings up. "Serpents have been offered jobs as security for the event."

Mayor McCoy looks at Fred for back up now. "Fred, you're on board with this?"

Fred nods. "FP told me the Serpents are looking for work, so I figured we'd let 'em keep the peace." He adds, "I'm sure you had your reasons for closing down Southside High, but this is an opportunity to let the Southside know that you're not turning your back on them."

Archie walks into the dining room. "Hey, Dad." Then he looks around at all of the rest of the adults.

"Hey, bud."

"Archie!" Veronica exclaims excitedly.

"Sorry to interrupt," Archie stands in front of everyone with his basketball in his hand. "Mind if I join you guys?"