Nighthawks

"Are you asking me on a date?"

"Need a ride?"

Mickey stops when she sees the Serpent, who got her home the other night, in front of her building. "Why do you keep popping up?"

"I'm just being friendly. Didn't know that was so bad."

Something makes her get on the back of his bike. Maybe taking the ride will stop him from showing up in front of the Pembrooke, which would strike a nerve with her parents. Regardless, he did help her the other night.

"I'm Oliver," he says over his revving engine.

She wraps her arms around his torso and says into his ear, "Mickey. I've never been on one of these before."

"Don't worry. Just hold on tight."

Riding on the back of a motorcycle is terrifying at first. Of all the things Mickey has done in her life, she's surprised she's never rode on one before. It's heart-stopping and exhilarating.

Even when she's in front of her school and standing on the pavement, her heart's still racing. She notices her peers passing by and staring at Oliver.

"I heard that diner is closing soon," Oliver stuffs his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket. "You want to grab a bite there before it does?"

"Are you asking me on a date?" Mickey's a very flirtatious person. It comes naturally to her and she knows just how to work her magic. Then his words register, "Wait. Pop's is closing."

"That's the word around town."

It makes sense. Someone being shot in an establishment can really bring down business. When Mickey has avoided the place.

Oliver clears his throat, snapping her out of her thoughts. "So what do you say?"

"I'm flattered, but, um, my parents wouldn't like the idea of me going out with a...Serpent," she whispers the last word.

"You know, it's not a bad word."

"Regardless, it's not a good idea." Her parents, especially her father, would flip out of they ever found out about her riding on Oliver's motorcycle. They wouldn't be a fan of him taking her out either. Her parents' opinions aside, she really doesn't think she should get involved with anyone right now. She doesn't trust her own judgement. With the way Jughead reacted to her drinking, she's wondering if she even liked him at all or if he was just another bad coping choice. "Thanks for the ride!" she waves goodbye and quickly turns around to follow the crowd flowing into Riverdale High.