A Kiss Before Dying

"The guy wore a black hood

"The guy wore a black hood. Sound like something anyone you know would do?"

"What happened?" Hermione stands at the foot of Mickey's bed with her arms folded. "Explain to me why you got so drunk that a Serpent had to bring you home."

Mickey knows this it is. She doesn't want to have to hide this anymore. Her relationship with her mother has improved so much and lying wouldn't keep that trend moving forward.

"I've been drinking," Mickey admits. "These past few months has been...drastic. I coped with drinking."

"What are you saying?"

The tears start to spill and Mickey covers her face with her hands. "I don't know what's wrong with me." She feels her need dip as her mother sits down next to her.

Hermione places a hand on Mickey's knee. "Sweetie, you could've talked to me about this. We could've gotten you the help you needed."

"I don't want to be sent away," Mickey removes her hands from her face. "I don't need to be sent away. I just need a self-check."

"I don't know. This is serious, Mickey. This isn't something you deal with on your own. Your father won't like this."

"Do you have to tell him?" Mickey knows he'd just pack her stuff up and ship her out of Riverdale before he even arrives. "If you send me away, I'll be alone. Here, I have family and friends."

Hermione reaches to tuck a loose strand of hair behind Mickey's ear. "What are we going to do?" She's thinking aloud.

"I'm going to stop drinking," Mickey declares.

Her mother purses her lips and thinks it over. Then she nods, "Completely. Not even on occasion. No exceptions." Hermione adds, "And I promise to not tell your father about this...if you comply with his homecoming."

"Promise." Mickey hugs her mother. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, sweetie." Then Hermione wipes her daughter's tears. "Come on. We'll talk more about this after breakfast."

Mickey feels lighter as they walk into the dining room.

Veronica comes out of the kitchen into the dining room with a plate of food and a mimosa.

Hermione almost doesn't notice the drink. "What is that?"

Veronica is giddy as she sits down. "A chocolate almond croissant from Bean & Beluga. Unfortunately, I only have the one."