The Hills Have Eyes

"We can skip the movie

"We can skip the movie."

"You've been pretty much MIA lately," Archie says to Mickey as the three of them finish up breakfast. She's barely even said a word during breakfast. He pulls on his letterman jacket.

"I've been...keeping busy," Mickey states. "With school," she adds. In all honesty, it was just too weird to be around Jughead and Betty right now.

"Archie's right. I feel like I don't see you enough." Veronica gives her a pleading look, "Catch lunch with us today?"

"Maybe."

Hiram walks into the dining room. "Ah, I'm glad I caught you three."

"Why?" Mickey grabs her jacket off of her chair and slips into it. "You want us to take the day off from school?"

"Very funny, but no. Your mother and I were headed up to the lake house this weekend, but it looks like we're going to cancel due to some business. So why don't you kids go instead? You know, make a little romantic getaway. Plus you, Mickey, of course."

"Third wheeling. Sounds fun," she mutters.

Veronica shares an excited glance with Archie before smiling at her father. "That'd be amazing, Daddy."

"Wow, thank you, Mr. Lodge," Archie smiles.

"Andre can drive you up and stay nearby, in case you want to go into town," Hiram tells them.

"No!" Veronica exclaims. "No chaperones. Andre can drop us off, and pick us up on Sunday night, we don't need one of your spies shadowing us."

"Fine, mija," Hiram smiles.

"That was easy," Mickey says, suspicion infiltrating her tone.

"I just want my girls to be happy," he tells her. "Hey, why don't you invite Betty and Jughead? Make a real weekend out of it."

Veronica crosses her arms and her smile widens, "That'd be great."

"Hey," Hiram pats Archie's upper arm, "before you head off, can I have a word in private?"

"Yeah," Archie trails behind him to the study.

Mickey places her hands on her hips and looks at Veronica. "'That'd be great?'" she repeats her words.

Veronica face-palms herself and gives her an apologetic look. "Shoot. I forgot. Look, we don't have to invite Jughead and Betty."