The Noose Tightens

"No? Good to know

"No? Good to know."

"I'm glad you suggested the morning wake up call, skyscraper." Mickey makes herself comfortable on Sweet Pea's bed.

Sweet Pea leans on the doorframe. "Sorry it's not a palace, like your place."

She pulls off her jacket and raises an eyebrow at him. "Why do you always do that?"

He takes a sip of his soda. "Do what?"

"Bring up my family's wealth. If anything, it shows how insecure you are."

Sweet Pea's eyebrows pull together and he tightens his jaw. "Me? Insecure?"

She crosses one leg over the other, clicking her tongue in annoyance. She didn't think the morning would go like this. "Yes."

"You Northsiders have this strange sense of superiority."

Mickey rolls her eyes, "Don't turn it into that." She leans back on her palms, watching him very meticulously.

His knuckles are paling because of his grip on the bottle—a sure sign of his temper rising. His body stiffens and his eyes darken as he casts a look on to her. "Into what? Sorry, I'm not going to sugarcoat anything like Mommy and Daddy have your entire life."

"You've got this grudge,this hate—why? Because you live in the slums? Don't put that on me

"You've got this grudge,this hate—why? Because you live in the slums? Don't put that on me. It has never had anything to do with me. You don't know me well enough to put that on me," she hisses.

"You're slumming it right now!" Sweet Pea growls. "I'm probably the only one who can see right through your act to the real you. You've been slumming it for some time, and with blondie's boyfriend. So get off your high horse!" He knows he's pushing her buttons, but he doesn't care. The corners of his mouth are curled with satisfaction at the words he spewed.

"You know what?" Mickey knows she doesn't have to listen to him. If she really didn't want to, she never had to speak to him ever again either. "You hate when people put you into a box, but here you are putting me in one. Thanks."